PDA

View Full Version : Column trouble

G.Smith
2004-12-02, 12:10 PM
Hi All!

Still getting to grips with this sometimes infuriating program. I'm working on a project and have placed a series of columns aligned with one another and chunks seem to be taken out of them at the location I want them and if I move them away they appear as they should be. Thre is nothing there that appears to be cutting them-its as though an invisible wall is cutting them back along one particular plane.

Any suggestions/ideas.

Thanx

aggockel50321
2004-12-02, 12:38 PM
Are you saying that they are being cut by a vertical plane as you slide them horizontally?

If that's the case, check to see if you have a crop region turned on for the view with it's visibility turned off. You might be bumping up against it.

Martin P
2004-12-02, 01:11 PM
this happens when you have walls intersecting the columns. The wall could be just out range in the view - or in a different phase, it will do this. Use the structural columns found in the structural toolbar as opoosed to the type youre currently using, the ones you are using at the moment are ment to be "inside" walls and take on the properties of the wall.....

G.Smith
2004-12-02, 02:09 PM
Thanx guys-I've made sure everything is visible so I don't think I'm missing anything.

I'll just have to use the structural columns instead and see if I have more luck-watch this space!