PDA

View Full Version : Constraints within a dynamic block

mazmier
2010-03-02, 04:37 PM
I am trying to do sosmething which should be fairly straight forward but I seem to be having some difficulty. How can I constrian an object so it stays on centre of two changing points.
For example: In plan I want to keep a wall sconce on centre of a wall although the length of the wall will vary.

It's beyond me why I can't figure this out.

Thanks.
M

RobertB
2010-03-02, 07:40 PM
Within a dynamic block, I'm not sure you could do this without using two parameters to specify where the endpoints of the wall are located. Which no one is even going to use anyway. (What compels someone to change the grips if the wall changes length? It's easier to just use the Mid OSnap at this point.)

mazmier
2010-03-04, 07:02 PM
Thank you very much for your reply and input, it's appreciated.

The dynamic block that I'm creating is made in such a way so that if the size of the room or wall (in plan) changes (which it does over 200 times due to the various conditions it has to satisfy) all the objects affected adjust, and key realtionships are maintained. So far this has been quite easy. Of course mid2points would apply if I was going to go and move individual objects, which is exactly what I am trying to prevent. I want to find a way to have a mid2points constraint if you will, so that no matter what size the room is the object stays centred on the wall (in plan).

Any ideas? Am I missing something that's right in front of me?

M

RobertB
2010-03-04, 07:28 PM
Any ideas? Am I missing something that's right in front of me?Difficult to say without a sample of the block in a sample drawing.

wroebuck
2010-03-04, 08:35 PM
You could use a move or stretch action with a multiplier of .5. just make the action associated to the length parameter in the dyn block.