PDA

View Full Version : Underlay with Linked files

STHRevit
2010-03-03, 03:27 AM
Hi All,

I am having an issue with an underlay in a linked Revit file not showing in the host file.
Basically I have a ceiling plan in my "Shell" file with the floor level as an underlay. This is so we can set out ceiling fixtures to centre line of doors, basins, shower cubicles etc etc.

I have this "shell" file linked into a "Sheet File" which is where all the plotting is done from. Anyway, I have the view in the Sheet File set to "by linked" in the VG and the ceiling plan comes through perfectly, except, the underlay floor plan does not show.

I have even tried to underlay the floor plan from the sheet file, however this does not show up either.

All of the view ranges are set exactly the same in both host and linked file.

Does anyone know how to get this to work?

brethomp
2010-03-03, 03:11 PM
As far as I am aware, this is not possible. Underlays can never include linked files. One work around we have found is to export the plan to DWG and link that in. Another would be to stack 2 views on the sheet.

STHRevit
2010-03-05, 01:08 AM
Thanks Bret,

I feared that might be the case.

catdotgif
2017-01-13, 07:35 PM
You can upvote this issue on the official feedback forum (Revit Ideas), maybe it will get some attention:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/underlay-and-linked-files/idi-p/6379628