PDA

View Full Version : Copy detailed components from one view to another

techsupport.161645
2010-03-03, 03:44 PM
Is their a specific way/method to copy detail conponents/lines from one view to another?

Attached is an image of selected detailed components that needs to be used in another view. when its pasted into the new view, it spaces everything out and does not keep everything together/assembled as it appear in the orgianl view it was copied from. We have tried creating a detailed group and it still breaks apart the components when pasted into the new view. Both the source view and desitnation views are the at the same scale as well.

Hopefully the image attached explains what I am talking about.

Thank You

Overconstrained
2010-03-03, 08:46 PM
Is their a specific way/method to copy detail conponents/lines from one view to another?

Attached is an image of selected detailed components that needs to be used in another view. when its pasted into the new view, it spaces everything out and does not keep everything together/assembled as it appear in the orgianl view it was copied from. We have tried creating a detailed group and it still breaks apart the components when pasted into the new view. Both the source view and desitnation views are the at the same scale as well.

Hopefully the image attached explains what I am talking about.

Thank You

Is this a detail view or a drafting view?

techsupport.161645
2010-03-03, 08:56 PM
Its a wall section view.

I copied the selection from the wall section view and pasted it into a drafting view, and then from the drafting view, copied it back into a different wall section view and it appears to have worked...however, my user feels this is too many steps. They are looking to copy directly from the wall section view into a different wall section view.

Open for other suggestions however.

Overconstrained
2010-03-03, 09:02 PM
Its a wall section view.

I copied the selection from the wall section view and pasted it into a drafting view, and then from the drafting view, copied it back into a different wall section view and it appears to have worked...however, my user feels this is too many steps. They are looking to copy directly from the wall section view into a different wall section view.

Open for other suggestions however.

My guess is that some of the original detail components have been "locked" to model elements in your wall section view. When you paste into the new view it loses that connection and "spreads" as per your attachment.