PDA

View Full Version : Downloading Families

ehidey
2010-03-03, 04:17 PM
Hi everyone! I am trying to find some detailed families (light fixtures, furniture) online that we can use to offer our clients a more enhanced rendering and model. We are interested in purchasing a subscription with FormFonts and are wondering if anyone has feedback or experience using this service? We are trepidatious because:
- They will not release an example of their content, prior to purchasing the license, therefore we have no way of assessing the quality of downloaded elements.
-They do not allow the use of downloaded content once the subscription has expired.
Is anyone currently using their service, can you provide feedback or an alternate site with similar content? Also if you have experiece purchasing detailed families, are there any other services that provide a good product for a reasonable cost?

cliff collins
2010-03-03, 04:22 PM
Did you see my previous reply here?

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=114946

cheers.......

ws
2010-03-03, 04:41 PM
I had a subscription to Formfonts and while they seem an excellent group of modellers for Sketchup I didn't really find much of use for Revit - and what there was seemed to be just Sketchup content imported.

Things may have improved with Revit content at Formfonts since last year when I left but Andekan, Broutek, revit-content.com, revitstore, revitfactory and turbosquid for revit all seem better sources for paid-for content.

Pretty much what Cliff says in the other post ;)

tampac66
2010-03-03, 04:49 PM
Revitcity.com has a ton of options, its free, and you can keep them forever.

If there's not something there that you can use, surely there is something that you can take and modify to you liking.

Best of Luck..