PDA

View Full Version : Yes/No Parameter in Door Schedule

dana.ozik
2010-03-04, 03:35 PM
I have created a shared parameter called "PAIR DOOR?" in my project and in my custom doors so that I can have a column in my door schedule that quickly notes whether a door is a single door or double door. It has worked great in the past, but for some reason, the project I'm currently helping out with is behaving a little strangely. Instead of indicating "Yes" when the box is checked, it's indicating "No" on all single doors. Slightly annoying.

So the question is this: can anyone think of some overarching setting that might be causing this?

I suppose an alternate solution would be to create a new parameter in the schedule that uses the Yes/No output in a conditional statement to output a "Y" when the parameter is true. I tried this using the following conditional statement:

IF(PAIR DOOR?,"Y","")

but that didn't work. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks!

sthedens
2010-03-04, 04:15 PM
Is your new parameter a yes/no parameter or a text parameter?

dana.ozik
2010-03-04, 07:55 PM
My new conditional parameter was text. That made sense to me as I am looking for a capital Y as my output, but if that's not right, I'm open to other ideas.

dana.ozik
2010-03-04, 08:17 PM
I worked it out...

The conditional statement worked as I had originally written it out. It turned out that I my project and my families were pointing to different shared parameter files in which the same "PAIR DOOR?" parameter existed. Grrr.... Once I fixed that, I was all set.

Thanks for thinking this through with me.

sthedens
2010-03-04, 08:23 PM
They both work in the project for me, see thumbnails. You can't have a question mark in your parameter name. If you do (I'm not sure how you did it) then you may need to ditch that parameter and create a new one without any punctuation.

sthedens
2010-03-04, 08:26 PM
Thanks for thinking this through with me.

Not a problem. Welcome to augi.com!