PDA

View Full Version : Duplicated Annotations

PaperStreet SoapCO
2010-03-04, 07:03 PM
Somehow, almost all annotations / notes got duplicated in the entire project. Has anyone seen this before? Every note is duplicated and shifted slightly to the left. The file is a central file. Is it possible that when saving to central, the connection stuttered and as a result left the notes a little off? I really have no idea... any help would be appreciated - I don't want to have to deal with this again.

eric.piotrowicz
2010-03-04, 07:46 PM
It not likely that the network stuttered and cause everything to duplicate since Revit assigns ID numbers to each element, no two are the same. It looks to me that someone might have wanted to cop/shift all the text annotation in one view and mistakenly used "select all instances" which picks every instace in the entire project. Its a powerful tool but can be very dangerous as well.

PaperStreet SoapCO
2010-03-04, 08:25 PM
I thought that initially, but the thing is - they all didn't move the same distance. Some are right on top of each other, some moved only an 1/8" of an inch and some of them moved several feet.

eric.piotrowicz
2010-03-04, 09:04 PM
Different scale views would move according to their scale disstance. Copying everything a foot in an 1/8" view would yield 3" views having almost no offset distance. Copying everything a foot in a 3" view would yield huge distances in the 1/8" views. Also in the quick test I did, notes in plans actually moved in a different direction than the elevations.

PaperStreet SoapCO
2010-03-04, 09:20 PM
Huh, I wonder if that is it then. I just noticed some notes that moved in different directions than other notes.

I need to post a giant sign that in the office that warns against 'select all'.

Thanks for the help

eric.piotrowicz
2010-03-04, 09:44 PM
I feel for ya, several of our new users took awhile to grasp the concept that they are working on an entire project not just the sheet or view that they have open at the time. I came in one morning to find that nearly a third of all the walls in the job had morphed from metal stud to CMU overnight, I ended up tracking down that one user had been laying out a series of classrooms using 6" metal studs with gyp and sound batts then after it was laid out they realized they need 8" CMU to get the correct STC rating. The quick easy think was select all and since they were only in that one area it looked just fine, STC and leave for the day.