PDA

View Full Version : masses not selecting?

jessica.146534
2010-03-08, 02:34 PM
Does anyone know why all of a sudden I can't select mass elements in views? I created mass extrusions for some steel channels (it was easier this way than using the actual structural elements) and everything was working fine until last week and now the masses are visible in the views, but I can't select them. They aren't part of a design option or anything and I'm racking my brain trying to figure this one out!

jessica.146534
2010-03-08, 02:50 PM
Ok, I have no idea why this happened, but I made design options for a completely unrelated part of the building and even though these masses aren't in any of the options, it was making them un-selectable. I had to delete the design options.

Why did this happen? It doesn't seem like I should have to delete options just to select an object!

Dimitri Harvalias
2010-03-08, 04:57 PM
First off you don't want to be using mass objects to create 'real' geometry. If you need to create an in-place family be sure to use the correct object category. Masses should only be used to create overall building forms or specific 'forms' e.g sloped walls or irregular roofs.
As for the design option issue, you may have been editing a design option when the elements were created. Take a look at the bottom of your Revit window on the right side and there is an 'exclude options' check box that may be preventing Revit from making certain objects available for selection. Uncheck it and you should be able to select the column.

cliff collins
2010-03-08, 05:00 PM
What Dimitri said.......

cheers