PDA

View Full Version : Revit 2010 - Three Run Stairs

bmaxwell143848
2010-03-08, 05:11 PM
I am not sure what information to include, or even what question to ask. However, when I randomly draw in a three run stair using the 'run' method, it usually works. When I try to draw the three run stair in the correct dimensions, or even edit the stair to match what I need, I get the error message shown on the attachment. Any thoughts? I have read elsewhere that I should add a new level at the second landing, drawing a two run stair to that landing and then draw a one run stair from that landing to the next floor. I don't want to do this if I don't have to. It appears as though three run stairs do work, as you can see on the second attachment. I am just unsure how to get them to work with the right number of risers per run. Thanks in advance for any help or comments.

chris.macko125036
2010-03-08, 06:58 PM
You can have as many runs as you want in the stair as long as they don't overlap each other in the sketch view. Modifiying existing stair sketches has always been a little tricky, so what I usually do is create reference planes at the run lines (and sometimes the edges depending on what i'm trying to align to). This makes it easy to make small changes to the stair by moving the reference planes and basically creating a new stair from the planes that you know are going to be exactly where you want them. These are the reference planes within the sketch i'm talking about, not out in the model.

thomas.163390
2010-03-09, 07:52 AM
You can have as many runs as you want in the stair as long as they don't overlap each other in the sketch view.

Actually the runs may overlap. The result though is, shall we say, not perfect.

btrusty
2010-03-09, 01:40 PM
i have found the only way to make perfect looking stairs in elevation / section / 3d is to make overlaping and > 2 run stairs to be separate models. yes, that does require manually made landings, but its the consequence of appropriate modeled stairs.

unless someone has found a better way

i highlighted one of the stair models to show that this stair is 2 double-back stairs and a landing between them, as well as one at the top)

you can also see that the center turn of hand-rail isnt 100% clean, but it is enough for elevations/sections (which sometimes require a little filled region fun over the joints so that it is clean)

Phil Read
2010-03-09, 11:02 PM
All this and more is covered in the Mastering Revit 2011. ;) Stairs and railings. Even split run stairs!

All the best -

Phil

gwnelson
2010-03-10, 01:44 PM
All this and more is covered in the Mastering Revit 2011. ;) Stairs and railings. Even split run stairs!

All the best -

Phil

Shameless self-promotion?

Gadget Man
2010-03-13, 10:01 AM
Shameless self-promotion?

It may be this and again it may be... a small tip about RAC2011... or both :)