PDA

View Full Version : how to change finish materials easily?

yanyan77
2010-03-08, 07:52 PM
we created a room finish schedule for a school project, which have more than thousands rooms.
We put all the finish material name as Ceramic tile, Vinyl composition tile, but now we want to replace the full name with the abbreviation as C.T., VCT...

Is there a easy way to do it instead change each room hand by hand?(too much work)
I know there is not "FIND" in REVIT.

mthurnauer
2010-03-08, 08:07 PM
There may be an easier way to do this, but one thought is that you could filter your schedule temporarily to only list rooms with vinyl floor tile and then you cold select all of the rooms and then simultaneously edit the room properties to change the floor material to VCT. Repeat the process for the other materials you want to edit and then remove the filter from the schedule. Oh, instead of filtering, you could just sort the schedule by floor material and then select rooms of like flooring types and simultaneously edit.

wmullett
2010-03-08, 09:13 PM
Don't mess with your regular schedule - We create junk schedules for things like this...just copy your schedule - filter and sort it so that all items are on one line, then change the item.

cliff collins
2010-03-08, 09:22 PM
Use a Schedule Key.

This tool is exactly for the pupose you describe.

Fill in the finishes once in the Key for each room type, then the Schedules will all update.
Make changes in the Key, and the Schedules are updated.

cheers......

yanyan77
2010-03-08, 09:29 PM
Use a Schedule Key.

This tool is exactly for the pupose you describe.

Fill in the finishes once in the Key for each room type, then the Schedules will all update.
Make changes in the Key, and the Schedules are updated.

cheers......

Could you tell me what is a schedule Key?

cliff collins
2010-03-08, 09:41 PM
Click View tabCreate panelSchedules drop-downSchedule/Quantities.
In the New Schedule dialog, select the schedule key category.
Select Schedule keys.
Revit Architecture automatically fills in the Key name. This is the name that appears among the element's instance properties. If desired, enter a new name.

Click OK.
In the Schedule Properties dialog, add the predefined fields for the style. For example, add ceiling finish, floor finish, and wall finish.
Click OK.
The key schedule opens.

Click Modify Schedule/Quantities tabSchedule panelNew to add rows to the table.
Each row creates a new value for the key. For example, if you are creating a room key schedule, you can create key values for executive conference room, small conference room, large conference room, executive office, standard office, and so on.

Fill in the appropriate information for each of the key values.

That should do it!

cheers

yanyan77
2010-03-09, 02:35 PM
Thank you , cliff.
I still need create all the key style, and choose all the rooms to that style , right?

arqt49
2010-03-09, 02:37 PM
we created a room finish schedule for a school project, which have more than thousands rooms.
We put all the finish material name as Ceramic tile, Vinyl composition tile, but now we want to replace the full name with the abbreviation as C.T., VCT...

Is there a easy way to do it instead change each room hand by hand?(too much work)
I know there is not "FIND" in REVIT.

I too use key schedules for that, but for your first question: if you create a room schedule and sort it by the finish you want to change, you can rename it's name just once.