PDA

View Full Version : Levels & Grids by linked view after reloading

RevitFairy
2010-03-09, 04:33 PM
HI all,
i have this weird problem hopefully someone can give me an answer.
we have 5 buildings that linked to a master file where we produce the drawing sheets.
all the view are done by linked views in the master file, everything looks great untill everytime when we reload the building for updates.
the problem is the levels and grids in the linked views. we have the levels and girds marker tail stop before crossing the elevations, plans and sections. they all look great untill each time when we reload, the marker tails decided to extend to cross the entire elevation (please see attachments)!!! as i discovered, the way for me to fix it is to strech or shrink the crop regions a little and they will go back to how they supposed to look as they were set up in the linked file.
This happens every single time to every single reivews when we reload!! help....

cliff collins
2010-03-09, 04:40 PM
Try using a Scope Box to control the Grids and Levels in the files where the grids are placed. Place a Scope Box, then select all instances of the Grids, and under properties specify the Scope Box name.

Then Pin the Scope Box and all Grids in position.

Now try reloading links in the Master file.

cheers........

RevitFairy
2010-03-09, 05:19 PM
Thank you for your tips, but it didn't work :(

cliff collins
2010-03-09, 05:31 PM
Hmm....

You might also try this for the broken Grids:

Open a view that displays grid lines.
Select a grid line, and click Modify Grids tabElement panelElement Properties drop-downType Properties.
In the Type Properties dialog, do the following:
For Center Segment, select None.
For End Segment Weight, End Segment Color, and End Segment Pattern, specify the line weight, color, and pattern of the segments to display on each end of the grid line.
For End Segments Length, enter the length of the segments (in paper space) to display on each end of the grid line.
Use the other parameters to indicate which grid bubble to use and where it should display. See Grid Type Properties.
Click OK.
Revit Architecture updates all grid lines of this type in all views.

cheers

RevitFairy
2010-03-09, 06:46 PM
thank you, but how about Levels? and not all of the view needs turn off the center grid line
so i guess the only way is to do the level and grid in Master file ....

cliff collins
2010-03-09, 07:56 PM
Grids:
Create a new Grid Type -- broken, per above, and apply it only where needed, so it
does not run vertically through the elevations, etc.

Levels:
Unfortunately, you can not currently "split" Level lines.
You can drag the ends to the side of the elevation, and use a Scope Box
to control them.

However, Levels should be able to be controlled by the Scope Box--and they should "stay put" when links are reloaded. I will test it on one of our projects.

cheers.....

RevitFairy
2010-03-09, 08:09 PM
hummmm..
i changed one grid to a new type that doesn't show center line, but it change that grid in every views, it's not a view specific control.

cliff collins
2010-03-09, 08:20 PM
Correct.

You can go to each elevation view, where you do not want the grid to run vertically thru the elevation, and change the grids to the "no center segment" type.

In other views, just use the default grid type.

cheers

RevitFairy
2010-03-10, 12:43 PM
when i applied the "non-center segment" type to the grid in one elevation view, it also happens to the entire model, plan, section, elevations.... i dont' think the grid type is view specific. thanks

Scott Womack
2010-03-11, 11:51 AM
The grid "type" is global. However, you can change it to the "global" broken grid, and then in those views you want it to appear solid, click on the grid-line, and you'll see two blue dots at the ends of the broken segments. You can pull these so close together that it appears to be a continuous line style. Not great, but doable

As for the Level lines, currently there is no option to "break them like grid lines. However, in the elevational views, click on a grid line, and you'll see a small 2D or 3D appear. Click on that 2D/3D it so it is 2D for every level. You'll have to do this to both ends indepentantly, and then you can drag the non-head end acorss so it does not go through your elevation.

dfriesen
2010-04-06, 10:45 PM
I'm having the same problem, in a 2009 project. I've just checked in 2010 and it seems to work properly, at least in my quick test.

archie.manza
2010-04-07, 09:12 AM
HI all,
i have this weird problem hopefully someone can give me an answer.
we have 5 buildings that linked to a master file where we produce the drawing sheets.
all the view are done by linked views in the master file, everything looks great untill everytime when we reload the building for updates.
the problem is the levels and grids in the linked views. we have the levels and girds marker tail stop before crossing the elevations, plans and sections. they all look great untill each time when we reload, the marker tails decided to extend to cross the entire elevation (please see attachments)!!! as i discovered, the way for me to fix it is to strech or shrink the crop regions a little and they will go back to how they supposed to look as they were set up in the linked file.
This happens every single time to every single reivews when we reload!! help....

In our office we are not linking the grids to our Sheet File, what we did is we have specific Workset for Grids and Levels as well. Then we copy and paste this on all the files (we usually split the Building if it is a large project) then we also paste it on the Sheet File.

And if we are ready for printing, we Reload from and Specify Workset then we TURN-OFF the workset of the Grids and Levels on very Links.