PDA

View Full Version : Roofs Not on Their Level

ededios
2010-03-11, 01:14 AM
Good Day,

I have a weird situation. I'm placing a roof, on it's associated level, when I finish the sketch the roof placed 1'-6" above it's level.

I've checked the obvious, base offset, how the roof structure was created, tried other level and it happens everywhere, with any type of roof. (roof by footprint that is), and I can't find where the problem is.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you

Dimitri Harvalias
2010-03-11, 04:22 PM
I know this is another 'obvious' but roofs are placed from the bottom up and floors are placed top down.
Is the roof assembly 1'-6" thick?
Is the top of the roof at the offset elevation or the bottom of the roof?

ededios
2010-03-11, 04:40 PM
Hi Dimitri,

No it was a 12" thickness, and I also tried a 9" roof, and all the other options available. And the roof is set as if we are entering 1'-6" in the Base Offset parameter. I have to enter -1'-6" in order for it to show up correctly, as you mentioned from the level up.

jlinger
2010-03-11, 06:30 PM
Is it possible that any of the individual sketch lines have an 'offset from roof base'?

Dimitri Harvalias
2010-03-11, 06:48 PM
Good point Joshua. Check the properties of the sketch lines but I'm not sure why this behaviour would be 'persistent' from roof type to roof type.:?

ededios
2010-03-11, 07:07 PM
Joshua,

You were right, the sketch lines had that parameter set to 1'-6". I've never changed that setting, I didn't think of checking that.
I'm wondering if it was set once, and every roof created after that would keep that setting? Shouldn't that parameter change back to 0 whenever each new roof is created?

Thanks so much!!

nancy.mcclure
2010-03-11, 11:02 PM
Revit does like to hold onto it's previous settings.....

thomas.163390
2010-03-12, 12:39 PM
You copied the roof around...

Joshua,

You were right, the sketch lines had that parameter set to 1'-6". I've never changed that setting, I didn't think of checking that.
I'm wondering if it was set once, and every roof created after that would keep that setting? Shouldn't that parameter change back to 0 whenever each new roof is created?

Thanks so much!!