PDA

View Full Version : Printing alittle color

Kenny Gee
2010-03-12, 07:51 AM
What is every 1 doing in regards to documenting with coloured pens, text dims etc...... What is best practice method

In our case we are wanting to pdf everything out in B&W but store signage is colored (shaded). Previously we been photoshoping this color onto a handful of sheets which is time consuming. Whereas if we print out in color from revit everything is colored. Sure we can use overrides and force everything to be black but then we loose the colors every1 is used to from autocad days.

My preference is to continue to use colors to represent pen weight etc (so we can use the Thin Lines turned on to see detail) but it would be nice to have an additional feature on each line type, dim, text etc to print black no matter what color it is on the sheet.

twiceroadsfool
2010-03-12, 03:04 PM
What is every 1 doing in regards to documenting with coloured pens, text dims etc...... What is best practice method

In our case we are wanting to pdf everything out in B&W but store signage is colored (shaded). Previously we been photoshoping this color onto a handful of sheets which is time consuming. Whereas if we print out in color from revit everything is colored. Sure we can use overrides and force everything to be black but then we loose the colors every1 is used to from autocad days.

My preference is to continue to use colors to represent pen weight etc (so we can use the Thin Lines turned on to see detail) but it would be nice to have an additional feature on each line type, dim, text etc to print black no matter what color it is on the sheet.

Im not sure what you mean... It sounds to me like you guys have gone through object styles and made thigns colored like the autocad days.

We dont do that at all. We tell the plot settings to plot color, and whatever color is on the screen si what plots out. Just about everything is black, but if you make signage colored, its colored...