PDA

View Full Version : looking for cabinetry;kitchen & bathrooms

Wallacehk
2010-03-15, 01:55 AM
Hey I am looking for a website / company that has great cabinetry families for Revit. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Michelle Gibson
2010-03-15, 12:16 PM
www.woodworkinstitute.com has a fantastic website complete with divisions for base, upper, open, closed, full height. All parametric. We've used this website for years. Canadian, eh?

patricks
2010-03-15, 03:48 PM
www.woodworkinstitute.com has a fantastic website complete with divisions for base, upper, open, closed, full height. All parametric. We've used this website for years. Canadian, eh?

Do you have to be a member to get to the content? I could not find it on the website link you provided.

btrusty
2010-03-15, 04:17 PM
Do you or your firm have a copy of
Architectural Woodwork Standards
1st ed. 2009?

If so, there is a CDrom with it that has ~480 parametric families with the book

Michelle Gibson
2010-03-15, 04:59 PM
No you don't have to be a member. At the top of the page there is a "myWI" tab and it has a pull down for design professionals. Once you go to that page it has a subsection called Casework series. Follow that link and you will see a list of 6 or 7 different "series" of cabinet types (base with drawers, upper etc...). Click on each one of these (even though it says they are pdf) and you will find electronic downloads in three different formats at the bottom of that screen. You can download the entire series or individual files - best to download the entire series at once. This is the most comprehensive site and REVIT download we've seen.

t1.shep
2010-03-15, 05:08 PM
http://www.woodworkinstitute.com/publications/casework.asp
This should link you to the page. It was also available on the old Revit library content distribution website (which they've replaced with the SEEK site)

patricks
2010-03-15, 07:06 PM
heh I see the link now. Sure isn't very prominent.

Wow looks like a pretty good source for casework families. :cool:

ws
2010-03-16, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the link - very useful.

For quick, small kitchens at the design stage I've been using the all-in-one kitchen family from
http://www.revit-content.com/content/kitchen/index.htm

dzatto
2010-03-16, 03:41 PM
There is also a full parametric kitchen package you can purchase for $50. They also have other packages. Problem is I saw the site last week and can't remember what it was!! still searching. Although it's not free, it does look promising.

dzatto
2010-03-16, 03:54 PM
Here it is. Revit Content. They have some pretty neat stuff.

http://www.revit-content.com/index.htm

OOPS. Didn't see the link WS posted. Same one. :beer:

t1.shep
2010-03-16, 03:55 PM
There is also a full parametric kitchen package you can purchase for $50. They also have other packages. Problem is I saw the site last week and can't remember what it was!! still searching. Although it's not free, it does look promising.

Most likely the link WS suggested. I came across them just the other day. Looks pretty fantastic and I'd love to learn how they do it. William, what's you thought on it? Is it very usable, or only really good for schematic and general layout? How easy is it to add additional content to those all-in-one families?

dzatto
2010-03-16, 04:04 PM
Most likely the link WS suggested. I came across them just the other day. Looks pretty fantastic and I'd love to learn how they do it. William, what's you thought on it? Is it very usable, or only really good for schematic and general layout? How easy is it to add additional content to those all-in-one families?
Yeah, it is. Totally missed that post. :Oops:

ws
2010-03-16, 04:38 PM
William, what's you thought on it? Is it very usable, or only really good for schematic and general layout? How easy is it to add additional content to those all-in-one families?

I find them surprisingly useful - you need to spend a bit of time reading the manual and getting the hang of the parameters but mostly they are well named.

I haven't got round to customising any but the documentation is good when you open them up in the family editor.