PDA

View Full Version : Splitting Schedules on different sheets

Joshua Kohl
2010-03-15, 02:50 PM
Hello everyone...

Can anyone tell me if splitting a schedule between 2 sheets is possible. One of ours has become to large to fit on a single sheet (36x48 ).

I know you can place the same schedule on multiple sheets but you cannot create a masking region on a sheet to hide the half that would be on the other sheet.

eric.piotrowicz
2010-03-15, 02:55 PM
Schedules can't be split betwwen multiple sheets but you can duplicate a single schedule and filter each one down to logical breaking points so that each part fits neatly on a single sheet.

patricks
2010-03-15, 03:08 PM
Schedules can't be split betwwen multiple sheets but you can duplicate a single schedule and filter each one down to logical breaking points so that each part fits neatly on a single sheet.

Or just duplicate the schedule, split both schedules into 2 columns at the same point (or however many columns you have) and drag the piece going on the other sheet off of the page.

eric.piotrowicz
2010-03-15, 03:16 PM
Or just duplicate the schedule, split both schedules into 2 columns at the same point (or however many columns you have) and drag the piece going on the other sheet off of the page.

Doesn't this create any plotting issues? I've tried on a few occasions and it seemed that no matter what plot settings I used the plots were rather inconsistent. What settings do you use?

patricks
2010-03-15, 03:20 PM
Hmm for some reason I thought a sheet view would only print the extents of what's on the sheet, but I guess that's not the case.

chris.macko125036
2010-03-15, 03:34 PM
If you have your print setup set to center it will cause problems, but if you offset from corner than it will work... you just have to make sure you drag what you don't want to see off to the right or the top. Ofset from corner uses the bottom left corner of whatever exists in the view as the starting point and prints whatever wil fit on the paper from there. I do it the way patricks described and have never had any problems.

Gadget Man
2010-03-16, 05:43 AM
Hmm for some reason I thought a sheet view would only print the extents of what's on the sheet, but I guess that's not the case.

Not, as far as I know...

To the point that even when the text field "sticks out" beyond the Title Block (even if it doesn't show anything*) it will move the page off centre for the plotting purposes.

*) - I had a case when someone formatted the text paragraph using many tab stops (to obtain some visual order) and this caused the paragraph to be very long, while text showed only in a relatively narrow column. I.e. you couldn't say that the text was "hanging out" past the Title Block until you actually hovered over with the mouse.

It was always this one page that was printing off centre and it was in fact cut-off a bit... It took me a while to find out why...