PDA

View Full Version : Revit 2010 Limiting Open views

ablaydon
2010-03-16, 04:01 PM
Issue:I'm using Revit 2010 and as I work through the morning in a project, I move from view to view (floor plans, reflect ceiling, elevations, etc.) And as I am working, I forget to exit out of views I open once I am done in them... before I know it, I have 30 views open, and my computer bulks since it's running all these open windows...

Question: Can I limit the number of open/active windows allowed in a session? If so how?, this would be great iof I could so that my forgetfull self can continue working efficiently...

eric.piotrowicz
2010-03-16, 04:13 PM
Sorry there is no setting that I know of which does what you are asking. You can use the Close Hidden Windows command from time to time, which does just what it says, if you can't see it then it gets closed.

twiceroadsfool
2010-03-16, 04:45 PM
Sorry there is no setting that I know of which does what you are asking. You can use the Close Hidden Windows command from time to time, which does just what it says, if you can't see it then it gets closed.

Just occasionally hit the Close Hidden Window button. That shuts everything but one window in each file.

EDIT: Whoops, beat me to it. :)

eric.piotrowicz
2010-03-16, 05:27 PM
Great minds Aaron :beer:
Something I just noticed cuz I was playing around, Close Hidden isn't an option if you are using Tile of Cascade view organization.

ablaydon
2010-03-16, 05:50 PM
Thanks guys! I had completly forgotten about that.. I am already a habitual saver sn synchronizer... so getting into the habbit of closing all open shouldn't be a problem... cheers!

twiceroadsfool
2010-03-16, 07:03 PM
Great minds Aaron :beer:
Something I just noticed cuz I was playing around, Close Hidden isn't an option if you are using Tile of Cascade view organization.

Of course not.... They arent hidden, if youre in tile or cascade. :)

eric.piotrowicz
2010-03-16, 07:10 PM
Of course not.... They arent hidden, if youre in tile or cascade. :)

Well I understand that but I was thinking of something like having 3 or 4 windows tiled and others hidden underneath those, not necessarily having 10+ windows tiled across two monitors .

Dimitri Harvalias
2010-03-17, 04:37 AM
Just do a quick double click on the title bar of one window to maximize and then close hidden.