PDA

View Full Version : New Site Plan

Clyne Curtis
2003-09-23, 07:58 PM
I know this is gonna sound stoopid, but I accidently deleted my site plan view. I now need to create my site plan and have no view to work with. Is there any way to get it back? I tried using the Transfer Project Standards option to see if I could bring it in from another file but it didn't seem to work.

Thanks

Clyne "can you spell Newbie" Curtis

sbrown
2003-09-23, 08:50 PM
View > new > floor plan > pick the level you want to make the site plan from, then adjust the view settings as required.

funkman
2003-09-24, 02:10 AM
Clyne, we must be on exactly the same wavelength.

The last few weeks I have been working on a project that was located in the middle of a huge amount of buildings. Then last Friday my Client rang up and said that the proposed building that I had been working on is to be relocated approx 500m away. Of course it was one part of the large site I had not modelled yet. So I had to model this site over the whole weekend (very detailed).

Then Monday came and as you did, I accidentally deleted it. Luckily I retrieved it through a previous save and only lost a small amount of data this time.

Nothing new here for you I am sure but there sure is nothing like experience to be sure of what we do. And the fact that previous saves can be retieved of course. I have also got into the habit now of not dismissing auto saves!

Clever Revit.

beegee
2003-09-24, 03:07 AM
If you deleted the site plan, you only deleted a view, not 3D elements.
You would not have lost the topo of the site or the building models, or any other 3D elements by deleting the view.
You would lose 2D linework and text that was specific to that view.

You can recreate a view at any time as outlined above.

Clyne Curtis
2003-09-24, 04:17 PM
Thanks all for the comments. I had just deleted the view, no elements. Having re-created it per Scotts directions I am back in business! Revit Rocks!

Thanks

Clyne