PDA

View Full Version : cant STC - lots of info not sync'd

..shaner
2010-03-17, 02:25 PM
ive been saving to central, noticed some of my colleagues work isnt showing up. now, my file just freezes when i try to STC. the central file is current with everyones work but mine.

I've got about 2 days worth of changes on my file. I keep opening my local file and attempting to save and it just locks up my computer (no errors, or messages)

How can i merge the 2 files? A long time ago i had a corrupt file and autodesk fixed it for me, does anyone know how to put together a request for autodesk to fix these 2 files for me?

thanks for the help

sbrown
2010-03-17, 05:46 PM
How can you have 2 days worth of changes. At the most you should have 1 - 2 hours. STC should be happening every couple hours max. You can try to reload latest only. then yours will be the latest and you can save it as the central and re-create locals.

..shaner
2010-03-17, 07:25 PM
ive been saving - i did it at the end of the day. it wasnt catching the changes on the central file - i know that sounds impossible. it kept crashing (today) yesterday it appeared to STC - finally i did an audit of my local file and then did an STC. The STC took over 30 min. and it worked its back to normal

ive never had anything like this happen to me - i save almost every hour... i know it sounds crazy - im not sure what happened- but all is well now.

dgreen.49364
2010-03-17, 10:30 PM
If you've got your central file up to date you might want to make a new local file.