PDA

View Full Version : Model Graphics Style - Linked Model

Overconstrained
2010-03-18, 01:32 AM
I am working on a project with a linked existing building.

In my 3d views I'd like to have the existing linked building project as "Hidden Line" and the new works as "Shading with Edges", so the new additions are clearly defined against the existing building.

Is there anyway I can do this?

Alex Page
2010-03-18, 02:14 AM
go into your linked file:
Setup new phase filter (say" Show Dashed" and then change your Phase Setting Graphic Overrides so Existing Phase Status (or whatever) Material is White and projection lines are Dashed
Setup a view as your would like to see, I would turn off all surface patterns as well

In the file which the links are in, Go into visibility in your project and under 'Revit Links" Tab change the display settings to be "by Linked View" and select the view in the linked file you have setup

hard to explain but you'll get there! Note this will affect other views WITHIN THE LINKED MODEL as well

Overconstrained
2010-03-18, 03:29 AM
go into your linked file:
Setup new phase filter (say" Show Dashed" and then change your Phase Setting Graphic Overrides so Existing Phase Status (or whatever) Material is White and projection lines are Dashed
Setup a view as your would like to see, I would turn off all surface patterns as well

In the file which the links are in, Go into visibility in your project and under 'Revit Links" Tab change the display settings to be "by Linked View" and select the view in the linked file you have setup

hard to explain but you'll get there! Note this will affect other views WITHIN THE LINKED MODEL as well

Cheers for that......I was on the right track. Having a bit of a mental block day!! :)

EDIT: Just did it. Worked a treat.....the material setting is what I was missing.