PDA

View Full Version : Revit 7.0 asking for License

Doug
2004-12-05, 11:02 PM
Help!!! I have a presentation tomorrow just like I had on Friday. I dis the design work on my Workstation & Use my laptop for presentations. I opened up Revit and I get an error. NEEDS a license number. So I entered my old license number, and it comes back invalid license number.

Any way I thought this was a 60 day trial... I sure need HELP!!!

Doug

josko
2004-12-05, 11:48 PM
This is a reminder that the Trial License is getting close to expiry. What is the status of your 60 Days? You should be able to see this in the Product License Information from the Help menu? If you have gone to Register the product and are at the Activation Register Today window, go Back , then Run the Product. Check the number of days, Leave the License Type as Standalone Locked. click Close.

The Serial Numbers for the product have not been issued as yet they will arrive with the final Revit 7 CD.

Also you can run the software in Demo mode if you are presenting and are not expecting to make changes in front of the client.

Hope this helps, Josko

Doug
2004-12-06, 12:01 AM
"Autodesk Revit 7.0 - 20041113_2030
License unavailable. Autodesk Revit is in demo mode."
This is what get in the License Info. This is new, because on Friday I think I has about 21 days left on the Trial Mode. (That's what I have on my workstation)

It worked fine on Friday. I opened up Revit this evening to view a revised project and got the error message ... Revit searching for License number... Then got error... Revit not Licensed on this Machine.

I didn't change a thing since last Friday, and I have a presentation to make Monday Morning.

I can still do the demo but I won't be able to give any prints...

Not GOOD!!!

Doug

josko
2004-12-06, 12:20 AM
In that case it is possible the file holding you registration details may have been disrupted. Contact your Reseller or Autodesk Registration for assistance.

Josko

mcuevas
2004-12-06, 05:16 AM
I had a similar situation. The thing I did to resolve this was to enter the demo mode of the program. Then go to Help, Product License and Information, Select stand alone locked option, click on the register button. Under "What would you like to do?" Select "Run the product" and then click on the next button, and then click on the close button. That should put you back on the 60 day trail mode and let you save your work.

josko
2004-12-06, 07:47 PM
You may also like to try entering 000-00000000 in the Serial Number, then click Register, then Run the Product, Close. This should clear the Serial Numebr you entered.

Josko

Doug
2004-12-06, 08:25 PM
The Factory got me running again!!! Great Product Support!!! Can't say enough good things about the Revit TEAM!!! Seems there is a small problem with the install. Thanks Wai for the help!

Thanks!