PDA

View Full Version : Slope arrows on roofs

jmc73
2010-03-19, 04:39 PM
I'm trying to create a roof that has two different slopes. The slope arrows aren't creating the roof unless the slope arrows have the same slope. Is there a way around this apart from creating two roof footprints?

TIA

cliff collins
2010-03-19, 07:43 PM
I just created a roof by footprint, with different slopes on two sides of the roof--
one 9:12 and one 6:12, and it created a "saltbox" gable roof.

Perhaps you could post an example?

cheers

jmc73
2010-03-19, 07:59 PM
Thanks Cliff,

I will describe my roof.

Peak is 22'-8", edge is 17'-0"

Length of roof north of peak is 120', length south is 140'

I tried using the "height at tail" feature and also tried manually inputting the slope, but in each case, Revit "cannot create roof footprint".

Hopefully that's enough info for you. Thanks for anything you can do. It's 'somewhat' good to know differing slope arrows can be in the same roof. Now I'm just curious why I can't do it.

cliff collins
2010-03-19, 08:27 PM
You could make the roof by Extrusion, and draw the roof profile, then extrude it the length required.

You could alos use the slope arrows, you just have to be very exact about the numbers you use and heights above levels at head and tails.

You could make the roof by footprint, and if you calculate the slopes of each side,
type those in on the "defines slope" number when in sketch mode.

cheers.......

Scott Womack
2010-03-22, 10:05 AM
I recently had a project that had a roof sloping in two directions. I finally make it by footprint, flat, at the levation of one of the crnes, then used the Modify sub elements to make the other corners the elevation I required.