PDA

View Full Version : Ceiling Height Tags

kkintz
2010-03-22, 07:55 PM
I was just wondering if there was an easy way to tag a ceiling height. Right now our lower level just has text and we would much rather have something that can link the actual height with the tag.

eric.piotrowicz
2010-03-22, 08:09 PM
Here is something I put together real quick with Labels to read ceiling Type (material) and Height above Level. It should get you started towards what you want to do.

wmullett
2010-03-22, 08:09 PM
I can't remember for sure but the default ceiling tag should have another type that is the tag plus ceiling height. If not, there should be one in your annotations in the library.

polyporter
2010-03-22, 08:12 PM
If you talking about on the reflected ceiling plan then there are tags that have ceiling heights built in. If you talking about on a floor plan keep reading.

As far as I know since in plan the room can't read information about a ceiling, which makes sense in rooms with complex ceilings, you have to make the room tag come with ceiling info parameters and then in your model manually input the info into the tag.

I've attached the room tag we use. The type thats includes ceiling info, once placed in a room, needs to be double clicked and the ceiling type and height can then be entered.

I don't know if this is exactly what you need but I had this same question last year and was told to do it this way.

white.jessicaa718580
2016-04-08, 03:51 PM
Hi Eric-

So I just loaded this and then edited it based on our standards, but now I am not sure where it lives in revit. Can you help me out? Thanks!

david_peterson
2016-04-12, 03:45 PM
Should be in the annotation items.