PDA

View Full Version : Multiplying Room Tags?

atowne
2010-03-22, 08:10 PM
Has anyone ever noted room tags appearing to replicate before? We have been seeing instances of 20-30 room tags over top of each other, for every room in a given view. I'm using dependant views for multiple floor plans, but it isn't confined to those views. We do use the 'tag all not tagged tool', which is always checked for 'all objects in current view' while 'only selected objects in current view' is greyed out. I'm sure no one is tagging these rooms over and over. What is going on here?

I've never seen this before and had no luck searching the forum previously.

cliff collins
2010-03-22, 08:58 PM
Sounds like a "copy - paste aligned" to Levels or Current View issue.......

check your journal log and you may be able to find the culprit.

cheers

Scott Womack
2010-03-23, 10:06 AM
Has anyone ever noted room tags appearing to replicate before? We have been seeing instances of 20-30 room tags over top of each other, for every room in a given view. I'm using dependant views for multiple floor plans, but it isn't confined to those views. We do use the 'tag all not tagged tool', which is always checked for 'all objects in current view' while 'only selected objects in current view' is greyed out. I'm sure no one is tagging these rooms over and over. What is going on here?

People are using Select All Instances, which means it selects ALL instances in ALL views in the ENTIRE project. Then they are paste-align to Current view to place them in another plan view. This has the effect in other views of pasting duplicate tags on top of the other tags in the OTHER VIEWS. Thus you get many, many tags on top of one another. Revit does not produce warnings on duplicate annotations in the same location, since it cannot schedule annotations.

atowne
2010-03-23, 01:18 PM
alright, thanks, and I'll see if I can locate anything in the journal files as well.