PDA

View Full Version : Import CAD Formats dialogue box - Place At option for Site dwg

klwhiteley
2010-03-23, 05:10 AM
I think this Site dwg business is starting to sink in, but I'm still confused about a couple of things.

I understand that you have to be in Site Plan to create the topo surface. Yes?

But do you have to be in Site Plan view when you import it or can you be anywhere? I think because when you import the site dwg you're not supposed to check the "current view only option" that means it gets pasted in all the views. So then what is the Place At: option for? And does the factory installed Site plan have a corresponding level like Level 1 or 2, etc., or is it just a view that is associated with Level 1?

In the two project templates I've been using (default Imperial & Imperial Residential) neither of them give the Site view as an option in the Place At: drop down. What decides whether a view appears in this drop down menu?

cliff collins
2010-03-23, 03:31 PM
I believe the "place at" dialogue refers to "Level" not a "View" ?

cheers.....

klwhiteley
2010-03-23, 07:26 PM
Thanks Cliff - Now that it's a new day again, it's starting to become clearer. I've been working on Revit for a few weeks but sometimes I still slip back into thinking of each of the plans as separate (especially at 1am). So the dwg is associated with Level 1, but it can be given a base offset to accommodate it's depth, I guess. Topo is drawn in the Site plan View but I guess must be constrained to Level 1. So even though Site isn't shown as a dependent/duplicate of Level 1, it must have some relationship, because you have to use the Site plan provided, right? You couldn't create another level in an elevation view and call it Site or Sea Level and make that your topo level, right?