PDA

View Full Version : Camera Tips & Tricks - Screen Shots

rbcameron1
2010-03-24, 05:11 PM
Just found this out and I thought I'd share.
Ever hit the print screen button so you could show people the Revit camera view you want to render (then send it over email to the office)? Well apparently there is a way to export unlimited amounts of 3D Camera Views instantly and not only that, but collectively as a webpage INSIDE revit!

Open your camera view you want a screen shot of and want to save. i.e. 3D View 1
Go the the revit logo at the top corner, go to export/images & animations/ image.
A dialog box pops up, change the output to your desktop or a folder called Camera Test1.
In the "export range" choose "selected views/sheets", notice the "Create browsable website" option box appears just above it, click that box.
NOW, select the camera views you want using the select button, so if you have multiple views, now is the time to select them, i.e. 3DView1, 3DView3, 3DView7...
I think the image size is set to 512 pixels, I changed that to 768, sometimes 1024 depending on the size I want.
Lastly I change the format to JPEG (lossless) for quality reasons.

Hit ok, the screen blinks and you should have all the cameras you selected AND an .html file for viewing. This is a really cool option in revit, too bad it only works for the shaded, hidden and wireframes...
(hint, to email, you have to zip that folder together and send it as a whole, not just the .html file)

btrusty
2010-03-24, 05:28 PM
interesting

typically i just do screenshots or exports from views and bundle in multi-page PDF
this could be quicker...

id vote, but its between 2 & 3
e.g. yes, but i might use it

Joseph TVM
2010-03-25, 02:17 AM
thats really nice.....will be very useful for me....

Joseph Bejoy Babu
Trivandrum

tomnewsom
2010-03-25, 09:20 AM
Lastly I change the format to JPEG (lossless) for quality reasons.

Hmmm, that's a misleading term - JPG can never be lossless. A truly lossless image format is BMP or TIF

rbcameron1
2010-03-25, 01:58 PM
Yeah, I didn't think there was such a thing as lossless JPG either, but Revit said there is, so I trusted it. Unless the programmers meant it would be a JPEG-LS file, which is "near-lossless" but still has some color degradation. Either way, glad to show everyone.