PDA

View Full Version : Structural visibility

rc.246059
2010-03-24, 09:45 PM
Does anyone know how to get structural members to show up in elevation or section. When I draw a truss or a steel beam, they show up in the 3d view, but not section or elevation. I have checked the visibility graphics, and all the layers are turned on. Also, under view properties, the view depth is set correctly. Its driving me nuts! Anyone out there who may know something????

btrusty
2010-03-24, 09:50 PM
did you change from course to medium or fine?
they show up as single lines in course

cliff collins
2010-03-24, 09:55 PM
There is a special elevation type called "Framing Elevation"--try that for an elevation
to show structural framing members.

For sections/other views, make sure under Model categories you have Structural Columns and Structural Framing turned on. Be sure to look at the whole "tree" under those categories and turn them all on.

Make sure that all the struct. members are on the correct workset and the workset is on.

Also, I've occasionally seen problems where a Detail Callout was used for the view, and struct. categories would not show up in Plan Details/Callouts--not sure about section callouts--make sure they are not "Detail" variety.

That's all I can think of.

cheers.

m20roxxers
2010-03-24, 11:27 PM
the only difference between elevation and "Framing Elevation" is that the elevation has to be created to grid lines or it will not show up, which you can turn off on the options bar.

Kind of confusing I reckon since it still uses the default view templates you have in your project.