PDA

View Full Version : Sweep Blend Multiple Paths?

larrytech10
2010-03-25, 02:13 AM
Hey, I'm trying to create a building envelope out of massing through sweep or sweep blend but can't extrude/sweep beyond a single path. I'm used to AutoCAD and its extrude to path option. Are there any such capabilities in Revit 2009 (Architecture, Structure, and MEP is what I have)?

For example, the attached image shows the path I want to make, but I can't find a way to make Revit recognize more than one path. Help please!

winstong
2010-03-25, 08:54 AM
Try to draw the line using spline tool so that u can create lines of ur desire.
the only problem in this is u can't get a sharp curve end.

Elmo
2010-03-25, 12:46 PM
The swept blend tool at this time doesn't allow for more than 1 line and 2 ends. As winstong has stated you can make that 1 line curved but other than that, you will need to possibly break the swept blend up into segments.

Dimitri Harvalias
2010-03-25, 06:28 PM
You'll need to create the complete swept blend as a series of connected, single path swept blends. You can simplify this process by using the profile 2 sketch as the profile 1 sketch of the next segment. So the sequence is;

Draw the path you need using model lines of ref planes
Use the pick option to define the path for segment 1
Create your profile 1 & 2 sketches
Finish that swept blend
While still in the same family, create another swept blend
Click on the second segment for the path
To create the profile 1 sketch use the pick option and select the edges of the first swept blend. Make sure the lock option is checked on the options bar
Create the second profile sketch
Finish the swept blend
Finish the family

If you need to modify the profile of one of the sketches you'll need to change the 'parent' sketch and the picked 'dependent' sketch will generally follow suit.