PDA

View Full Version : Deleted Unwanted AutoCad Text.

r_pungitore
2010-03-25, 08:35 PM
I have imported an AutoCad file as a refrence in my Revit File. With the AuotCad file came all of the text. I have no problem deleteing it from the Floor Plans I was wondering if anyone knew how to delete it from the element properties pull down table?

Paul Monsef
2010-03-26, 12:59 AM
I have imported an AutoCad file as a refrence in my Revit File. With the AuotCad file came all of the text. I have no problem deleteing it from the Floor Plans I was wondering if anyone knew how to delete it from the element properties pull down table?
It's a real pain. He's what I recently told a comrad; Never, Never NEVER under any circumstances import a CAD file. Always, Always, ALWAYS link the CAD files instead.

You'll need to find every instance of the CAD file and delete it; then purge. And sometimes even then, they'll still show up!

eric.piotrowicz
2010-03-26, 02:27 PM
When forced to import a CAD file, I do as much file clean up and maintenance on the CAD file as possible before importing. Deleting everything not needed, removing xrefs, audit, purge, and if it still is acting goofy wblock to a new file and import that file. Also note that on the lower left part of the Import CAD window there is a check box for Current View Only, ALWAYS use this so that you don't end up with a CAD import in every single view in your project.

r_pungitore
2010-03-26, 02:33 PM
Thank You

Both tips were very helpful. I don't know how purge unwanted slipped my mind.

Thanks Agian