PDA

View Full Version : Revit 2010 Formula Help

rockyarch
2010-03-25, 08:38 PM
I am trying to initiate a formula that will allow me to turn two items off at once. The problem is those two items are based on an if then statement which is working. If the location of the general notes is on in one location, it is off in the other. I now want to be able to check a box that will turn them both off if I want. I have include an image, the highlighted box is what I am working on and it does not work. Any thoughts? Also does anyone have a good source for formula tutorials? I have seen the one in the help menu but that doesn't quite explain things for unique situations.

Thanks,

jamesgchambers
2010-03-25, 11:08 PM
Here ya go...convoluted, but it works. The attached image has the solution...

The trick is adding a 4th parameter (in this case "vis_noteA"). This one says that if "Notes Off" = no and "Note Position B" = no; then Notes are visible in position A. "Note Position B" is only on if "Notes Off" = no and "Note Position A" = no. You need to assign the visibility of the note in position A to "vis_noteA" NOT "Note Position A." In this case, "Notes Off" and "Note Position A" aren't actually applied to any objects.

Note: I tried using "not(and(Notes Off,Note Position B))" and "not(and(Notes Off,Note Position A))" - but that didn't work. Syntax...blah blah

rockyarch
2010-06-09, 04:35 PM
Thanks, I finally was able to get it to work a little bit.

phyllisr
2010-06-11, 12:50 AM
...a formula...
Just our of curiosity, what family type are you creating? How are you using this?

Thanks!