PDA

View Full Version : No Wall Section Type

mmiles
2010-03-25, 09:37 PM
Hi,

I have a couple of files (1, RAC2009; 1, RAC2010) that do not have the section type "Wall". I am not sure what happened to them. I was wondering if others have run into this? I duplicated the Builidng Section type, and changed the symbol settings. Is there another way to get a view type into the project. I opened a new project and tried to transfer settings, but nothing changed.

thanks.

Andre Carvalho
2010-03-25, 09:54 PM
Is there another way to get a view type into the project. I opened a new project and tried to transfer settings, but nothing changed.

thanks.

You can create the section in a blank file, copy it to clipboard and then paste into the file that's missing it.

Andre Carvalho

mmiles
2010-03-25, 09:58 PM
I tried that, and it issued an error about not being visible (while other sections were clearly visible), and as best I could tell, nothing was pasted into the file.

*Edit:
Tried in the 2nd file, and it worked no problem. Thanks.

nsinha73
2010-03-25, 11:06 PM
Under "View Properties" use the Drop-Down Menu to change to the type of Section that Particular View Belongs to....

mmiles
2010-03-26, 01:50 PM
Under "View Properties" use the Drop-Down Menu to change to the type of Section that Particular View Belongs to....

thanks for your support, but that is how I determined there was no "Wall Section" type available.

The cut and paste from a blank file worked, while a cut and paste from a working file did not work.