PDA

View Full Version : Medical Equipment revit families

winstong
2010-03-26, 04:52 AM
Can anyone please tell me from where can i download medical equipment revit families.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Winston.

ws
2010-03-26, 12:16 PM
There was a recent post asking the same thing:
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=114823

truevis
2010-03-26, 03:29 PM
I made around 1300 healthcare families for a client but they're not for sale.

You might need to make them yourself or hire someone to do it.

cdsuggs
2010-09-07, 03:47 PM
I made around 1300 healthcare families for a client

That sounds like a fun gig!

MikeJarosz
2010-09-07, 07:35 PM
It is unlikely that any private individual who worked for months to create trustworthy medical equipment families is going to give them away for free. However, equipment manufacturers often do, so I would suggest you check with a few manufacturers. It will probably be hit or miss, the way it is with almost every manufacturer in the construction industry. Some haven't even gotten around to Acad blocks, let alone Revit families. Some will never have even heard of Revit.

If you look closely at the next-to-last color plate in the new Revit 2011 manual by Krygiel/Read/Vandezande, there is a cutaway view of a hospital on Long Island with every last bedpan in place. SOM spent forever modelling this data and there was talk of selling it through a third party, but I don't know if that ever happened. They invested the time to create a marketing WOW factor when presenting their portfolio to prospective clients, and giving the data away defeats that purpose.

cdsuggs
2010-09-08, 06:58 PM
However, equipment manufacturers often do, so I would suggest you check with a few manufacturers.

seek.autodesk.com

kevinharvey
2010-09-08, 07:15 PM
Have a look at SmartBim from "Reed Construction Data"

They have a tab called Spaces, under this they have a medical section.