PDA

View Full Version : Revit 2011 New Features

truevis
2010-03-26, 01:34 PM
Best blog post so far:
http://autodesk-revit.blogspot.com/2010/03/whats-new-in-revt-architecture-2011.html

It covers some exiting improvements to:

Ribbon and UI
Worksets and Linking
Graphic Display
Conceptual Massing
Parameter enhancements
Rendering (user backgrounds!)
Sustainability

patricks
2010-03-26, 07:17 PM
No more 2-mile model radius limitation!!!!!!!!!!

narlee
2010-03-27, 12:19 PM
I totally skipped RAC2010, but this looks fabulous (worth the wait):

http://bimboom.blogspot.com/2010/03/full-list-of-whats-new-in-revit.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Revit3dcomJoinTheRevitlution+%28Revit3D.com+Join+the+BIM+Boom+*%29

narlee
2010-03-27, 12:20 PM

Are you serious?:) You have projects that span over 2 miles? I work on residential...my limit is 2 hundred feet :)

benmay
2010-03-28, 11:18 AM

But I wonder if it will be stable? There is currently ways around it, but if working with linked Autocad drawings you get the blurry lines.

Will be happy never to see that message again though, particularly when it is some random block in a ACAD drawing that happens to have a erroneous element in it that falls outside the 2 mile limit

truevis
2010-03-28, 02:49 PM
Anyone think that user-defined background images in renderings should really be counted as a "new" feature?;)

Sure will help; I wonder if we can use HDRIs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_dynamic_range_imaging).

Joef
2010-03-28, 08:46 PM
Anyone think that user-defined background images in renderings should really be counted as a "new" feature?;)

Sure will help; I wonder if we can use HDRIs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_dynamic_range_imaging).

This is definitely NOT a "new" feature. This is simply restoring functionality to a disabled feature.

truevis
2010-03-28, 10:12 PM
This is definitely NOT a "new" feature. This is simply restoring functionality to a disabled feature. Yeah, next thing you know, we'll be able to export to EPix format (http://www.piranesi.co.uk/products/product_compatibility_details.asp?id=37) like (legend has it) was available in Revit version 1.:shock:

(I don't mean to be cynical -- love the new feature list.)

Paul Monsef
2010-03-28, 10:33 PM
If they are restoring old functionality; bring back accurender!
:veryevil:

I'd rather wait a couple years for custom backgrounds than to have used accurender for another month... But hey, that's how they finally sucked me into purchasing MAX.

I smell a conspiracy. :idea:

dzevad
2010-03-29, 02:42 PM
not so bad but.....no conceptual mass tools available in family editor?

narlee
2010-03-29, 02:55 PM

I'd rather wait a couple years for custom backgrounds than to have used accurender for another month... But hey, that's how they finally sucked me into purchasing MAX.

I gave up on Revit's rendering. I use Accurender nXt. Certainly cheap, easy to use, fast (wayyyy faster than Revit's and comparable to MAX), and images that as good as, if not better, than Revit's. An excellent value, if you don't need MAX's best (which I really doubt most people need). Maybe RAC2011 will have improved this feature.

patricks
2010-03-29, 03:16 PM
This is definitely NOT a "new" feature. This is simply restoring functionality to a disabled feature.

It's a new feature to Revit's mental ray rendering engine. :)

That was sarcasm, right? The renderings I've done with mental ray absolutely blow my old acurrender renderings out of the water. I did a comparison with the same file/view rendered in both 2008 and 2009 and the difference was stunning.

patricks
2010-03-29, 03:20 PM
Are you serious?:) You have projects that span over 2 miles? I work on residential...my limit is 2 hundred feet :)

No but sometimes a survey may be that big, which causes issues when trying to link it in. Even if it's not that big, some rogue element might be out there causing issues, and there have been times when I was not able to isolate said element in the CAD file.

narlee
2010-03-29, 03:22 PM
No but sometimes a survey may be that big, which causes issues when trying to link it in. Even if it's not that big, some rogue element might be out there causing issues, and there have been times when I was not able to isolate said element in the CAD file.

Gotcha. Well, that's excellent, then. Factory's workin' hard!

Kevin Janik
2010-03-29, 04:14 PM
Is there a tread that notes all the items that have been fixed with Revit 2010 and those items that have been on a wishlist for a couple years at least like the elevation symbol customization and text leader location options? I think that would be a good thread since it looks like many things have been addressed finally and encourage many of us about Revit's progress!

Kevin

cwasher
2010-03-29, 04:41 PM
Our office, just began a switch to Revit...and I think a lot of the user enhancements and functionality may make the switch a little smoother or at least familiar to AutoCAD in ways.

Such as the permanent properties palette, repeat command, and some sort of view aligning and arrangement tool for sheets.

Looking forward to download day, so I can play with the new features!

Paul Monsef
2010-03-29, 05:11 PM
That was sarcasm, right? The renderings I've done with mental ray absolutely blow my old acurrender renderings out of the water. I did a comparison with the same file/view rendered in both 2008 and 2009 and the difference was stunning.
My wife says thats my middle name; yes, Accurender was lame.

I am happy with the great new features being introduced into Revit, even if it takes a few years to fine tune it... as someone said earlier - baby steps.

cwasher
2010-03-29, 09:21 PM
Does anyone know if the Reporting Parameters feature will be able to report phasing conditions? I know this has not been possible, but it seems that this feature maybe or could be a solution to this obstacle...

It could finally solve the whole 45/90 degree door issue, but maybe I am just wishful thinking :-)

Exar Kun
2010-03-29, 10:56 PM
Custom elevation tags?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14636118&linkID=9243182&CMP=OTC-RSSSUP01

Scott D Davis
2010-03-29, 11:13 PM
Does anyone know if the Reporting Parameters feature will be able to report phasing conditions? I know this has not been possible, but it seems that this feature maybe or could be a solution to this obstacle...

It could finally solve the whole 45/90 degree door issue, but maybe I am just wishful thinking :-)

Reporting Params report back only distances at this point. They can be used in Calculation if the dimension used in the reporting parameter is tied only to host objects. For instance, reporting the thickness of a wall. If the wall is less than a certain thickness, use frame A. If greater than a thickness, use frame B.

ron.sanpedro
2010-03-29, 11:17 PM
Custom elevation tags?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14636118&linkID=9243182&CMP=OTC-RSSSUP01

Just don't expect to get the old building elevation tag you are likely used to, the one that looks like the end of a building section tag. It doesn't work that way. Of course, I wonder if the whole world is used to that look, or just the US? But it certainly helps in making some better looking elevation bubbles than the previous versions of Revit.
Going to be interesting to see what people think of the reality, rather than the marketing.

Gordon

Scott D Davis
2010-03-29, 11:23 PM
Just don't expect to get the old building elevation tag you are likely used to

Why not? Here's my attempt at it.

ron.sanpedro
2010-03-29, 11:30 PM
Why not? Here's my attempt at it.

And I believe you have to have four "types", one for each direction? What happens when I need one at 45 degrees? Do I need a new type, or does it just work? Indeed, it looks like the east elevation has rotated the bug, rather than just the arrow. Would LOVE to be wrong, but as far as I can tell you have to have a type for each direction so as to get the view reference in the right place as it is part of the arrow and rotates, rather than being part of the bug. Which breaks the rather lovely feature of elevations being able to "snap" to a wall at any angle.

Gordon

pfaudler
2010-03-30, 09:24 AM

So with 2011, can we export DWG from SHEETS with shared coordinates and to get shared coordinates in wxprted DWG model space?

Scott D Davis
2010-03-30, 05:12 PM
And I believe you have to have four "types", one for each direction? What happens when I need one at 45 degrees? Do I need a new type, or does it just work? Indeed, it looks like the east elevation has rotated the bug, rather than just the arrow. Would LOVE to be wrong, but as far as I can tell you have to have a type for each direction so as to get the view reference in the right place as it is part of the arrow and rotates, rather than being part of the bug. Which breaks the rather lovely feature of elevations being able to "snap" to a wall at any angle.

Gordon

All one type. You make a "body" and you make a "pointer" and nest them together. The pointer gets copied 4 times in the elevation tag, one for each check box (Click on the body, get the check boxes to activate other elevations) They still auto-point at walls as you can see in the screen capture. I fixed the East elevation so the body is "normal" to the model, but it could be rotated as well. Notice that for the angled tags the body also aligns with the object.

patricks
2010-03-30, 05:40 PM
That's cool, but we'll still probably just use the OOTB round elevation symbols. We've been using them for the past 7+ years so why change? The elevation symbol style really isn't that important to us.

ron.sanpedro
2010-03-30, 06:05 PM
All one type. You make a "body" and you make a "pointer" and nest them together. The pointer gets copied 4 times in the elevation tag, one for each check box (Click on the body, get the check boxes to activate other elevations) They still auto-point at walls as you can see in the screen capture. I fixed the East elevation so the body is "normal" to the model, but it could be rotated as well. Notice that for the angled tags the body also aligns with the object.

Getting close. ;) I know I will hear complaints about the rotation on angled walls. Given that there is only one elevation per bubble, the text and bubble portion should not rotate at all, only the arrow, just like in an angled section. And it is that "one for each check box" that is nothing like a traditional elevation, with only one elevation per bubble, and no need to make multiple options. I am guess you had to make four different Pointers, one for each direction, correct? This is where I think Autodesk missed the boat. you have to do that because the View label lives only in the pointer, and the pointer effectively moves around, so you need four pointers, with the only difference being where the view label is. Oh, and since you can't snap a label you have to either fuss a lot to get them close enough to look right, or you accept that the upper number will move around a bit in the bubble depending on which direction is selected, correct?
In any case, maybe you could blog somewhere just how you did this, as it doesn't come OOTB (why, I don't know, it should be there ready to load) and I think a LOT of offices are going to want to use this, even if it isn't right. Or as right as it could/should be is maybe a better way to phrase it.

I personally don't think the "traditional" elevation is superior, indeed in a three sided exterior courtyard condition the old approach required three elevation tags to Revit's one, but none the less I find it interesting that after people asking for years for "the bubble we used in AutoCAD and hand drafting for years, you know, the Graphic Standards elevation bubble" Revit still can't deliver, nor is there any explanation of why. Is it technically difficult? No, I wouldn't think so, cause the Sections work that way. Is it a difference in philosophy between users and the Factory? Maybe, but the Factory doesn't bother to explain their philosophy, so we can't be sure. Or is it lack of resources and willingness to spend some time to understand user needs BEFORE implementing a tool. Yeah, I think that one is the most likely.

In any case, we now get to go thru another round of "Revit doesn't work that way" with the elevation bubbles. We can do more than before, but not what so many Principals and Project Managers and old school Architects have asked for. So we can wrangle about what it can and can't do, or we can save time and just ignore the new feature. I would rather have the discussion, but I expect others in my office are just tired of hearing "Revit doesn't work that way" and want to move on. Sad in my book, but it is exhausting. And Grid Guides are the same. And Realistic View. Frustrating.

Best,
Gordon

Gordon

cliff collins
2010-03-30, 06:14 PM
All:

I applaud the Factory for listening, and giving us a new tool to allow customizing the elevation symbol.

For instance:
The GSA requires BIM. They also require exact standards, including the way elevation
tags read. Now Revit users can deliver as required on a real-world job--and tell their bosses
"Hey, Revit can actually do what is required!"

I will have to say, however, that this small, simple fix took WAY too long--but let's focus
on the positive and look to the future.

cheers..........

Scott D Davis
2010-03-30, 07:13 PM
I am guess you had to make four different Pointers, one for each direction, correct?

Nope. One pointer family, nested into body. Copied/rotated to make 4 pointers, one for each direction. This is the graphic standard elevation bubble as you describe, is it not?

ron.sanpedro
2010-03-30, 09:13 PM
Nope. One pointer family, nested into body. Copied/rotated to make 4 pointers, one for each direction. This is the graphic standard elevation bubble as you describe, is it not?

It is, but only for walls square to the sheet. Rotated walls should have a rotated arrow, but the numbers and dividing line should stay "top read", like the attached angled Section. Just remove the black section line and flag, and the blue part is exactly what an elevation should look like. At least that is what every PM and old school Architect has been telling me for years when looking at Revit elevations. ;)

That said, can you share your RFA? I think a lot of offices are going to want to go at least try this. Better yet, maybe your family could get added to the OOTB library? I understand not wanting to add it to the OOTB templates, but it sure would be great if the family was there in the Annotation library. And I want to see how you did it as every time I tried the view number moved around depending on which direction the elevation is pointed. Happy to be wrong if I can learn to do it right. ;)

Gordon

Scott D Davis
2010-03-30, 09:33 PM
That said, can you share your RFA?

As soon as Revit 2011 is "officially" out, I'll be glad to share! I still can't get the line in the circle to remain horizonal like your section head example, but I'm workin' on it! Was able to get the text to remain "normal" to the sheet....how 'bout a "no-line" option? :)

ron.sanpedro
2010-03-30, 09:57 PM
As soon as Revit 2011 is "officially" out, I'll be glad to share! I still can't get the line in the circle to remain horizonal like your section head example, but I'm workin' on it! Was able to get the text to remain "normal" to the sheet....how 'bout a "no-line" option? :)

So no chance your family can become "official" and ship with the product, huh? ;) Looking forward to rooting about in it in any case.

Gordon

Teresa.Martin
2010-03-30, 10:38 PM
Agreed. Some of the new features such as background images are restored functionality from previous versions. However, I do love the tagging across links, find and replace feature for texts as well as support for bullets, etc. Additionally, I like the select all instances in view (vs just project). This is great! No more accidental deletions. Some of the additional worksets enhancements as well as customizable elevation tag are also big wishlist items this year. We did some short sneak peek videos on some of the features and personally, my favorite in Revit was the elevation tag as well as the truss and coping tools in Revit Architecture (available previously only in Revit Structure).
I also like the export enhancement to Navisworks. The plugin now supports room objects and room information. This is a really useful tool for coordination.

Alex Page
2010-04-03, 01:01 AM
It is, but only for walls square to the sheet. Rotated walls should have a rotated arrow, but the numbers and dividing line should stay "top read", like the attached angled Section. Just remove the black section line and flag, and the blue part is exactly what an elevation should look like. At least that is what every PM and old school Architect has been telling me for years when looking at Revit elevations. ;)

That said, can you share your RFA? I think a lot of offices are going to want to go at least try this. Better yet, maybe your family could get added to the OOTB library? I understand not wanting to add it to the OOTB templates, but it sure would be great if the family was there in the Annotation library. And I want to see how you did it as every time I tried the view number moved around depending on which direction the elevation is pointed. Happy to be wrong if I can learn to do it right. ;)

Gordon

Elevation Markers - the programmers just dont seem to get it.

Id be 70% satisfied if we could make a version of them exactly like the section markers but without the section line! Or alternatively have the section markers with a type based parameter 'Show Section Line"
Id be 95% satisfied if they were like that AND had a view range like floorplans so one could show view depth with them (ie: beyond a certain point the lines are greyed out)
Id be 100% satisfied if they were like that AND had a tickbox for items within the primary range and view depth which stats 'Show beyond Surface patterns" so I could turn off the surface patterns for the items in the distance. (very useful for floor plans as well)

Scott D Davis
2010-04-03, 04:20 AM
Id be 70% satisfied if we could make a version of them exactly like the section markers

Well then maybe you'll be 69% satisfied. You can make them look just like the section marks, except I can't get the line between detail number and sheet number to stay horizontal like section marks do.

AP23
2010-04-03, 06:56 AM
Can anyone explain to me why the looks of an elevation tag is so important? Is it a requirement from the client, contractor or the AIA?

mthurnauer
2010-04-03, 11:55 AM
I second that AP23.

trombe
2010-04-03, 10:48 PM
Interesting...
no one has mentioned anything about the "modelless properties palette" as referred to in this reseller ad / blog.
http://bimboom.blogspot.com/2010/03/revit-architecture-2011-new-tools.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Revit3dcomJoinTheRevitlution+%28Revit3D.com+Join+the+BIM+Boom+*%29

I am not a beta tester and am not that interested in the blah anymore, however, it is amusing that people used to complain about the original UI and the tools icons down the LH side, moaned for a new UI (but others liked it as it was) , then they got a new UI and it seemed to take account of monitor technology with wide screens but large number had problems with it and now it seems, the LH side of the screen has once again got (albeit dockable) tools down the LH side but that "can" take up relatively, a good chunk of screen area. Not everyone in Revitville has 2 monitors.
(I am not sure I would want two monitors....don't you then have to spend lots of time during a day, cutting from one to the other to focus eyes on a different target area that is ergonomically, some distance from your normal target area ?
Surely one larger monitor allows you to have your eyes generally positioned, in a smaller area (than for splitting and switching back and forth between 2 constantly) and so in medium and longer term will less eye strain ?) Just a question looking back at past years of comments about UI and toolbars on LH side (or RH side for that matter).
Amusing thing no one has mentioned this do far.....

cwasher
2010-04-04, 01:55 AM
Can anyone explain to me why the looks of an elevation tag is so important? Is it a requirement from the client, contractor or the AIA?

I triple that! As long as the tag does its job and clearly coordinates to the proper detail, it could look like anything. Personally -- I think the standard elevation tag is too big and cumbersome. I find myself having to "squeeze" it in the plan along with all the other tags and information.

Interesting...
no one has mentioned anything about the "modelless properties palette" as referred to in this reseller ad / blog.
http://bimboom.blogspot.com/2010/03/revit-architecture-2011-new-tools.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Revit3dcomJoinTheRevitlution+%28Revit3D.com+Join+the+BIM+Boom+*%29

I am not a beta tester and am not that interested in the blah anymore, however, it is amusing that people used to complain about the original UI and the tools icons down the LH side, moaned for a new UI (but others liked it as it was) , then they got a new UI and it seemed to take account of monitor technology with wide screens but large number had problems with it and now it seems, the LH side of the screen has once again got (albeit dockable) tools down the LH side but that "can" take up relatively, a good chunk of screen area. Not everyone in Revitville has 2 monitors.
(I am not sure I would want two monitors....don't you then have to spend lots of time during a day, cutting from one to the other to focus eyes on a different target area that is ergonomically, some distance from your normal target area ?
Surely one larger monitor allows you to have your eyes generally positioned, in a smaller area (than for splitting and switching back and forth between 2 constantly) and so in medium and longer term will less eye strain ?) Just a question looking back at past years of comments about UI and toolbars on LH side (or RH side for that matter).
Amusing thing no one has mentioned this do far.....

I am pretty excited about the permanent property palette as well. It should hopefully reduce the amount of clicking and picking I will have to do throughout the day.

However, regarding dual monitors... I find having dual monitors is a huge asset in productivity. I tend to prefer 2 "standard" monitors... I can have Revit on my primary and either email or a pdf open for reference on my secondary.With proper positioning you can have both monitors at the same distance from your eyes.

Gadget Man
2010-04-05, 02:27 AM

You are ABSOLUTELY right!!!

Just because some die-hard old-school p__cks are used to the old ways doesn't mean that they have it right. After all, the smoke signals and tam-tams work perfectly well to this day (they are cheap and they don't need any maintenance too) but somehow not many people use them anymore... because there are much better ways to communicate!

The drawing standards come (mostly) from the days of hand drawn plans, where it was necessary to simplify as much as possible the graphic representation of things to get some decent productivity. And to ensure that everybody simplified them in more-less the same way... Hence oh-so-ugly and in no way descriptive electrical symbols understood only by people "in the know", very simple (and ugly) line representations of toilets, vanity basins, kitchens, cabinets and many similar elements, as well as (among other things) diagonal elevation markers with horizontal text and divider line. Because it was much easier to write the text horizontally!!!

These diagonalelevation symbols with horizontal text and lines look so unballanced, unpleasing and ugly to me, that I would never use them anyway! But if somebody is going to make an issue out of things like that - I'm sorry for them - for me it's absolutely irrelevant. If somebody loves these simplistic graphical representations it's fine - I don't mind. I use different and my clients love it but each to their own. As long as the plans are clear and accurate, symbols are logical, self-explanatory or well explained (e.g. in the legend) and there is no ambiguity in the drawings the job is done well.

What I mean is that nowadays the plans don't have to look anymore oh-so-sophisticated and full of "things" that an average person couldn't understand. To me, they don't look any more professional if my clients (who are not building specialists) can't understand them. They are allowed to be "pretty pictures" too. They can be nice to look at and understood by everybody - no harm in that. And to hell with the obsolete and rigid "standards"...

archie.manza
2010-04-05, 07:38 AM
Well then maybe you'll be 69% satisfied. You can make them look just like the section marks, except I can't get the line between detail number and sheet number to stay horizontal like section marks do.

Use Text and use the UNDERSCORE instead of Lines.

Jun Austria
2010-04-05, 01:50 PM
I dont want to sound like a broken record. But, when will Revit support a 3D Mouse.
( http://www.3dconnexion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3518&sid=8f98a8968e365b661a7f230f4534dd34 )
I'm using Space Navigator for AutoCAD, 3dsmax and Vue. And I can say, it is such a fantastic tool.

Paul Monsef
2010-04-05, 02:03 PM
I dont want to sound like a broken record. But, when will Revit support a 3D Mouse.
( http://www.3dconnexion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3518&sid=8f98a8968e365b661a7f230f4534dd34 )
I'm using Space Navigator for AutoCAD, 3dsmax and Vue. And I can say, it is such a fantastic tool.
I recently contacted both Autodesk & 3d Connexion to try and get this answered.

From Autodesk
"Hi Paul,

Best regards,
David Baxter
Autodesk Support Team"

From 3d Connexion
"Hi Paul,
We are working with Autodesk to bring 3D mice support in a future version of Revit. At this time, I don't have a timeframe on when this will be available.
Thanks
Froi"

So the answer is, no one knows! But at least 3d Connexion support typed something in their response.

Jun Austria
2010-04-05, 02:39 PM
I recently contacted both Autodesk & 3d Connexion to try and get this answered.

From Autodesk
"Hi Paul,

Best regards,
David Baxter
Autodesk Support Team"

From 3d Connexion
"Hi Paul,
We are working with Autodesk to bring 3D mice support in a future version of Revit. At this time, I don't have a timeframe on when this will be available.
Thanks
Froi"

So the answer is, no one knows! But at least 3d Connexion support typed something in their response.

I hope it will be soon. AutoCAD 2011 was the first to be supported.

TroyGates
2010-04-05, 08:46 PM
The response I've gotten every time I've asked in the last 4 years has been the same...

From 3DC: "We can make it happen once Autodesk opens the API for it in Revit."

From Autodesk: "We have it on our todo list, but it isn't a priority."

Revit3D.com
2010-04-06, 03:35 AM
3 years ago at an Autodesk trade show, I went up to the 3d Connexion booth and asked them about the Space Mouse. Then I asked Autodesk personnel. For years, each side said it was the other that was responsible.

I then decided to make a blog post about it and 300 people went ahead and emailed Autodesk and 3d Connexion. I met the guy at AU 2008 who got all of those emails. He wasn't very happy, but we had a good laugh about it.

Let's look at this from another angle. As more and more people use Revit and we add more content, complexities, curves, slanted walls and columns, shadows, sunpath, materials and all of the MEP systems, the models are getting bigger and bigger.

I think the issue is size and graphics capabilities. If you had the Space Mouse, and tried spinning around the model, how quickly could it move and redraw itself. Maybe with the DirectX vs OpenGL problems solved, Windows 7, lots of RAM and some magic, it will happen sooner than later.

Maybe if they allowed it but limited the rotation speed. At least the mouse works great with Navisworks Freedom and Navisworks Manage. Export a 3D DWF of your model and open it in Freedom. That should solve a lot of presentation issues.

Revit3D.com
2010-04-15, 11:54 AM
Newest Feature....you can now download Revit from subscription center.

dzatto
2010-04-15, 03:55 PM
Newest Feature....you can now download Revit from subscription center.
No you can't!!! Subscription center is not available. Try again later!! :lol:

ron.sanpedro
2010-04-15, 04:16 PM
No you can't!!! Subscription center is not available. Try again later!! :lol:

The tragedy of the Commons.

Gordon

cphubb
2010-04-15, 04:41 PM
We actually met with and tested a Space Pilot for Revit back in version 8 or 9 I think. They told us it they were working on a driver for version 9.1. Eveny got a basic space pilot out of that session.

But 3+ years later, still in my drawer because it does not work with Revit.

I just started using it with Navisworks and 3D studio. Works well there.

Matt Brennan
2010-04-15, 05:01 PM
Subscription center is NOW LIVE!!!

patricks
2010-04-15, 05:19 PM
Subscription center is NOW LIVE!!!

NOPE!!! y'all people keep breaking it :lol:

Matt Brennan
2010-04-15, 05:25 PM
Maybe they like us Canadians better. :)

truevis
2010-04-16, 09:01 PM
Custom Background image: It just fills in the alpha channel, apparently.

In AccuRender, it affected the render -- we could also use spherical & cylindrical images. The images would reflect on glass.

So it's a new feature that hasn't gotten to the level of a similar feature in 2008.:cry:

We also used to be able to control sun color.