PDA

View Full Version : Tranfer Project Standards / View Template / Fail

bhanna173409
2010-03-26, 03:34 PM
Has anyone experienced an inability to transfer view templates between files? have tried several times on different models in the same project and cannot get it to work. Is this a bug? is there a workaround?

We have tried and failed with both files open, target file open and source file closed, source file linked into target, all files open. No luck.

Scott Womack
2010-03-26, 04:34 PM
Whether it fails not not depends upon a couple of factors. If the View template is set to work on Revit Links, or AutoCAD files, or has filters in it, then they tend to not transfer. If it is the linked Revit, or AutoCAD files, the only way to make them transfer is to remove the links and then they'll transfer. I have also noticed issues with a few sub-object catagories, and Line Styles. If you are sure it is nott he links or imported AutoCAD stuff, try transferring Filters, and Linestyles FIRST, then use a second Transfer standards to try to get the view templates.

bhanna173409
2010-03-26, 08:50 PM
Thanks Scott - that got us going in the right direction. Things seem to be working now.

cgb.arch
2010-10-29, 10:22 PM
whew! this same problem was driving me nuts. got it to work after detaching the linked files in the source project. thank you!

Duncan Lithgow
2012-06-22, 07:23 PM
I've made a forum post about the status of this issue with a video showing the problem clearly. See http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Revit-Architecture/Trouble-transfering-View-Templates-and-Filters-between-projects/m-p/3512514/highlight/false#M60771

For just the video see: http://screencast.com/t/nfmwzffr7L

Alfredo Medina
2012-06-22, 09:38 PM
I think, just one post with the notification is enough, not 4 identical posts.

Duncan Lithgow
2012-07-02, 02:47 PM
Maybe, but several of those threads gave red herrings to anyone looking for a solution. I don't have great trust in peoples abilities to search the forums thoroughly before drawing a conclusion.