PDA

View Full Version : 2011 - Tagging Linked Models

davidthigpen
2010-03-26, 09:19 PM
Many things sound good in 2011 (can I have 2 sizes of fonts in one piece of text?) but I have to ask this question - without being able to tag rooms or keynote linked models does the other tagging of linked models really help?

cliff collins
2010-03-26, 09:38 PM
Baby steps........

cheers

m20roxxers
2010-03-27, 10:51 PM
If you make the link room bounding then you can create the rooms in your main file.

benmay
2010-03-28, 11:14 AM
For large projects yes! But as hardware and OS are developing to match our models I am splitting models less.

But trying to manage tags when working with linked models on larger projects has been a nightmare, the only way was to link a view through VG overides, and if you need a tag to move you had to open the linked model, modify the view. reload and repeat

Managing what your tag reads will be interesting, as if you tag something and its wrong, you have the same problem of opening the model up. Maybe some sort of nested editing is possible for that sort of thing in the future?

And just to clarify the most common place I would be running with two models and lots of tags is on refurbishment/redevelopment projects, existing and demo in one model and new build in another

Scott Womack
2010-03-29, 08:50 PM
Look into the published videos/feature list for Revit 2011. Except for Spaces, and Rooms, you can now tag some items in a linked file.

Scott D Davis
2010-03-29, 09:16 PM
Look into the published videos/feature list for Revit 2011. Except for Spaces, and Rooms, you can now tag some items in a linked file.

Except for Spaces, rooms, areas, keynotes and beam system tags (recalling from memory...I think thats all!)

wmullett
2010-03-29, 09:27 PM
What scott? You mean we still can't keynote a linked file? ... Seems like they missed it if that's true.

cliff collins
2010-03-29, 09:30 PM
Glad to see some steps forward with annotating linked files.

Howver, I agree that the ability to tag Rooms and Keynotes should be next highest priority from our recent experience in Revit 2010 working on large projects with multiple links.

cheers

Scott D Davis
2010-03-29, 11:18 PM
What scott? You mean we still can't keynote a linked file? ... Seems like they missed it if that's true.

Not "missed". The Factory definitely knows the need for "full" tagging functionality. For some reason rooms/areas/spaces, keynotes, and beam tags were problematic for the 2011 release.