PDA

View Full Version : Quick question regarding drawing stairs

goodtastingsteak
2010-03-26, 11:58 PM
Hi,

First question here so hopefully this question isn't too dumb.

As far as drawing stairs in Revit Architecture goes, does it make a difference if the "Run" model line is not centered in the stair when in sketch mode? Or in the same way, if the "Landing" model line is not centered in the landing? For example, you draw a stair and then modify the boundary/run lines to get it just as you like while in sketch mode before finishing the staircase.

Thank you for your help.

mcantwell
2010-03-28, 08:58 AM
Have a play with them

Alan aka cadalot
2010-03-28, 05:54 PM
Take a look at the video tutorials listed here http://cadalot-revitlearningcurve.blogspot.com/search/label/*%20Stairs

Joef
2010-03-28, 09:00 PM
Hi,

First question here so hopefully this question isn't too dumb.

As far as drawing stairs in Revit Architecture goes, does it make a difference if the "Run" model line is not centered in the stair when in sketch mode? Or in the same way, if the "Landing" model line is not centered in the landing? For example, you draw a stair and then modify the boundary/run lines to get it just as you like while in sketch mode before finishing the staircase.

Thank you for your help.

I think that you will find that it doesn't make a lot of difference unless you are concerned with getting the framing to look correct. I'm not positive about this, and you are unlikely to find much in the Revit help file on this topic. I'm just going on my own experience. I checked out the videos in the other comment, but was unable to see one that specifically addressed this issue.