PDA

View Full Version : Scale raster image - Revit Arch. "Toposurface"

haraldbrynlund
2010-03-28, 10:07 PM
Hello, hello.

I am very new to Revit - I need help with the Site Design, taking the contour lines from a map picture file into topography 3d in Revit.

Anyone capable of helping me out with

- Scaling imported raster file in Revit Architecture 2010
Because when I have a look at my toposurface, the landscape that slopes from 35 meters above sealevel to 20 meters above sealevel - have no undulations!

Thanks alot in advance,

Harald,
Bergen School of Architecture, Bergen in Norway

ws
2010-03-29, 10:27 AM
Hello Harald,

I often have to trace over bitmap scans brought into Revit.

You need a known length somewhere on the bitmap.

Bring the image into a plan view in Revit using Import/Link.

I usually draw a couple of reference planes on top of the image (if necessary turn the display to wireframe and/or select the image and make it foreground - there is an option button for background foreground when the image is selected) so that I can measure between two or more known distances.
Once you have the 'Revit distance' you can divide the known actual distance by the Revit distance to give you a scale factor.
Right click the image and choose Properties.
Multiply the pixel size by the scale factor to make the image the correct size.

I usually check the distance in the x and y directions because scanners often stretch the image in the direction of the scanning head by about 1%.

I've not done a topo this way myself but I imagine you could then create topo points at the correct levels by tracing along the contours.

thomas.163390
2010-04-09, 10:51 AM
Or just select raster image choose the scale-command - graphical - pick first point of known distance - pick second point of known distance - write the actual distance that you must know - press enter. Done, no math.