PDA

View Full Version : phase display?

jessica.146534
2010-03-29, 06:44 PM
Does anyone know why the phase graphic overrides won't work for projection lines?

I'm having this problem in all views (plans, sections, elevations, etc.). For example, in plan I draw a wall 8'-0" tall (cut in view) and it displays correctly (I have cut lineweight set to 5 in the phasing graphic overrides) but when I make it only 1'-0" tall it displays with very thin lines, regardless of what I set the projection lightweights in the phasing overrides to be.

Any tips?

jessica.146534
2010-03-29, 07:20 PM
OK it seems to be working for the existing and demo phases but not the NEW phase. I have no idea what the difference is.

ron.sanpedro
2010-03-29, 08:27 PM
OK it seems to be working for the existing and demo phases but not the NEW phase. I have no idea what the difference is.

Check your View Range in View Properties. Items in the Primary Range will show as projection when not cut (below the cut plane), but things below the Primary Range but above View Depth will all show as a single line weight, controlled with the <Beyond> Line Style. Something as simple as the Bottom of the Primary Range being set at 3' would cause a 1' wall to show up as Beyond.

Also note that walls under 6' will show up as Projection even when the Cut Plane is at 4' and would seem to cut them. Another fun gotcha the first time a wall refuses to show fat cut lines.

Gordon

jessica.146534
2010-03-29, 08:40 PM
I checked the view depth and it doesn't matter what I change it to, it still doesn't change the graphics.
I set both the primary range bottom and the view depth to "associated level" and it still looked the same (I also tried other combinations of depths and it still didn't do anything).

the wall I'm looking at is drawn at the level and is 1'-0" high. The view range cut plane is 4'-6"

cliff collins
2010-03-30, 03:26 PM
As I recall,

Any walls Revit cuts that are less than 6' high will always display differently than walls
taller than 6' high, regardless of Phase settings.

This is a known issue and has been around for a long time.

cheers

seanspence78
2010-04-20, 02:51 PM
Are these wall few and far between? Im not sure if this will work but, Are you able to use the Linework tool from the Modify Tab to overide your line work. Obviously if you have hundreds of walls like this this work around may not be fesable.

jessica.146534
2010-04-20, 02:55 PM
The walls I can deal with using Graphic Overrides but my biggest problem is why my NEW windows don't show a thicker lineweight in elevations. I need them to "pop" so the Historic people see the difference between new and existing. I ended up creating a new filter to override everything, but it was a pain. It seems that if I have the phase setting to display projection lines in a heavier lineweight, it shouldn't matter if it's a plan or elevation view.