PDA

View Full Version : "Freeze Drawings"

L Wood
2010-03-30, 12:13 AM
Hello world,

Wanted to get opinions on the "Freeze Drawings" extension… if any.
Does anyone use it?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Scott Womack
2010-03-30, 10:45 AM
I have tried it on two projects. I went back to making PDF's of these items, and the sets at major submission points. If the design does a major change in direction, that I'n not sure of, I'll either archive a copy of the Revit file to CD, or use dedign options. We are steadily moving farther and farther from AutoCAD use for everything possible.

I'm lucky, our CEO has told all aour consultants to move to Revit, or lose our business. Even our Landscape Architects are beginning to use the Eaglepoint Landscape add-on for Revit. They, plus structural and MEP make a smoother workflow.

cliff collins
2010-03-30, 03:43 PM
DWFx is another obvious choice. 2D and 3D versions.

I agree with Scott--the less Acad the better.........

cheers

ron.sanpedro
2010-03-30, 04:27 PM
You may also want to take a look at "Save to Project as Image" in 2011. It is a right click option of a view in the Project Browser, and you get all the usual image settings, but the resulting image becomes a Rendering view, at scale, in your project. I am looking into it as a way of dealing with CA revisions. The fact that it can only be a Rendering is a little unfortunate, but we use a View Use parameter, so we will be able to separate Presentation "renderings" from CA "renderings". The image is not as crisp as a native view, at least with the settings I have used so far (see attachment) but it seems like it has the potential to do what Freeze Drawings does, with no inserted DWGs.

Gordon

ron.sanpedro
2010-03-30, 04:29 PM
But I just noticed a bug. When I drop the view on the sheet it comes in exactly right, but the scale is reported wrong. Interesting. Off to report this.

Gordon

L Wood
2010-03-31, 02:22 PM
(drooling over 2011...)

Any word on an "automatic save" option for renderings- it would be so great if Revit would save renders to a specified location when they were complete!