PDA

View Full Version : Taking the "sim" out of the elevation tag

jmc73
2010-03-30, 03:10 PM
Can anyone tell me how to take the "sim" out of the elevation tag? I'm able to do it with our section cuts, but not the elevation callouts for some reason. I created a new family and deleted the word "sim" and I know this process works because I did it with the section cuts.

Thanks for any replies.

somewhat off topic/
I wish these tags were just generally more editable. I mean how hard is it to put a 3 point option in an elevation tag without using a workaround??

cliff collins
2010-03-30, 03:21 PM
In about 2-3 weeks Revit 2011 will be released and resolves these issues.

cheers

jmc73
2010-03-30, 03:27 PM
lol that's good to know. Sadly, I have a deadline on Monday.

cporter.207875
2010-03-30, 04:23 PM
Can anyone tell me how to take the "sim" out of the elevation tag? I'm able to do it with our section cuts, but not the elevation callouts for some reason. I created a new family and deleted the word "sim" and I know this process works because I did it with the section cuts.

Thanks for any replies.

somewhat off topic/
I wish these tags were just generally more editable. I mean how hard is it to put a 3 point option in an elevation tag without using a workaround??

The "sim" only displays with referenced elevations. Do you just want it to say something else, or you want to get rid of the "sim" label, altogether?

cporter.207875
2010-03-30, 04:33 PM
You are able to create custom section heads and section tails, but you cannot do this with elevation pointers (pre-2011). Your only option is to edit the value of the ref. label parameter in the elevation tag's type properties.

jmc73
2010-03-30, 04:57 PM
You are able to create custom section heads and section tails, but you cannot do this with elevation pointers (pre-2011). Your only option is to edit the value of the ref. label parameter in the elevation tag's type properties.

I was able to solve this. Rather than changing the elevation tag in plan, if you go to the elevation itself and change it's view properties in that specific view, it will change to a newly created "No sim" tag.

Too bad you have to go to each view individually, but at least it can be done.

-- if I wasn't clear before, I wanted two types of elevation tags: one sim and one blank, both of which would reference an existing elevation.

Thanks again for the replies.

cporter.207875
2010-03-30, 06:27 PM
I was able to solve this. Rather than changing the elevation tag in plan, if you go to the elevation itself and change it's view properties in that specific view, it will change to a newly created "No sim" tag.

Too bad you have to go to each view individually, but at least it can be done.

-- if I wasn't clear before, I wanted two types of elevation tags: one sim and one blank, both of which would reference an existing elevation.

Thanks again for the replies.

You should not have to go to each individual view and edit the view properties. Instead, create a duplicate elevation type, call it Elevation - No Sim, or something like that. Then make sure all your "master" elevations are set to that elevation type. Now, when you reference a master elevation, the pointer on the elevation tag will use the blank ref. label parameter from the no sim elevation type.

Unfortunately, if you want two elevations to reference a master, but you want only one of the elevations to have the sim label, then you are going to have a bit more trouble.