PDA

View Full Version : Wall replaces demolished window

cees.vanancum
2010-03-31, 10:30 AM
A demolished window is automatically replaced by a piece of the wall that originally hosted the window. However this is not always the case. What if I just want to keep the hole in the wall?

Scott Womack
2010-03-31, 10:36 AM
A demolished window is automatically replaced by a piece of the wall that originally hosted the window. However this is not always the case. What if I just want to keep the hole in the wall?

You need to create an opening object to keep the wall. The easiest way is to start by using a door or window family, and then change it to a generic model catagory. I made it adjustable, as instance parameters.

Ning Zhou
2010-03-31, 02:06 PM
hi Scott, i've tested, seems not working in all cases below:
1) use instock window and change to GM
2) use void to cut openning in window family
3) create brand new GM wall hosted w/ openning
can you upload sample rvt if possible? thanks.

d.stairmand
2010-04-01, 09:17 AM
Joe
I have ended up just using a Door Family, with everything but the opening being deleted, instance parameters on everything.
I then load this into the project, & then insert it using the door command, & stretch it into place

Ning Zhou
2010-04-01, 02:50 PM
Dwane, i tried again, seems openning of demolished window/door/GM still being filled by host wall, i deleted everything except openning and instanced all parameters, see attached rvt for your reference, many thanks.