PDA

View Full Version : Footing Foundation Wall Eccentricity

3dway
2010-03-31, 07:09 PM
I'm modelling a foundation wall and frost wall all in one wall type.
When I put a footing (revit foundation) on the bottom of the wall, it includes the frost wall when it determined centerline.
If I give the footing an eccentricity number so that they're centered on the concrete foundation wall, the footings no longer clean up at the corners.

How do you do this?

Henry D
2010-03-31, 08:21 PM
I do this all the time with either a wall type with concrete and rigid insulation or a basement wall furred out on the interior. The footing intersections should clean up even with an eccentricity.
What happens sometimes when they don't clean up is that the the intersecting walls are not at the same exact elevation...check to make sure...that might be the problem.

3dway
2010-04-13, 08:48 PM
They cleaned up until I put the eccentricity on it.

I went ahead and used a regular wall to make the footing.

I'd like to do it right in the future.

jbaumann
2010-06-03, 10:01 PM
They cleaned up until I put the eccentricity on it.

I went ahead and used a regular wall to make the footing.

I'd like to do it right in the future.

Revit 2011 seems to have the same problem. Does anyone know how to make the wall foundations clean up at the corners when you add an eccentricity? Seems like a bug.

The two screenshots show before setting the eccentricity and then after.

Ning Zhou
2010-06-04, 01:24 AM
it's an old issue, 2 solutions:
1) if you put both foundation wall and frost wall into one wall type, then after you add eccentricity, walls won't clean up automatically, but you can use disallow join to manually clean it up
2) create separate frost wall, in fact, we use API to solve similar issues like adding wall siding, etc.