PDA

View Full Version : Any good tutorials on rendering and lighting?

ROBinHI
2010-04-01, 01:42 AM
I'm working on trying to render my model and am having trouble figuring out what options so use to get my lighting to show up properly in certain scenes. Looking for some tutorials that can walk me through the rendering and lighting settings so I can understand how each options should be adjusted and find some good settings to adhere to.

Thanks!

kingjosiah
2010-04-01, 03:44 AM
If you're on subscription, check out Autodesk University Online. Jeff McGrew has a good tutorial on rendering....look for "Model to Marvelous to Mental". That should give you a good start.

You can also check out Will2Play.com. For a fee you can enroll in a webinar-based rendering class.

Scott D Davis
2010-04-01, 04:23 AM
I'm working on trying to render my model and am having trouble figuring out what options so use to get my lighting to show up properly in certain scenes. Looking for some tutorials that can walk me through the rendering and lighting settings so I can understand how each options should be adjusted and find some good settings to adhere to.

Thanks!

I will be in Honolulu all next week. Drop me a message and maybe I can drop by your office.

kingjosiah
2010-04-01, 05:26 AM
Wow, nice offer Scott! So when you're back in L.A., want to drop by our office? ;)

Jun Austria
2010-04-01, 07:35 AM

Thanks!

My photography background helps me set up a lighted interior scene in revit.
And there are also some books http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0240812298/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER that you can apply in Revit.

But the only tip I can tell you that you can apply immediatly is to use section box before you render. Isolate the area you want to render, so that light calculation will be limited within the section box.