PDA

View Full Version : v7.0 upgrade Question

wingman
2004-12-06, 11:19 PM
I would like to upgrade our firm to 7.0 but have some concerns, maybe your opinions and suggestions will help me make the transition. We are on Revit/Acad series and have subscription. I fear the compatibility of the files we have created in 6.1 is not there. Can we open these files is 7.0? I have not yet received physical upgrade, If I download the 60 day trial, can I save, print, etc...? or is this just a limited trial copy? maybe there is another post out there that answers these questions, if so sorry for taking up your time. Thanks for your thoughts.

beegee
2004-12-07, 12:24 AM
The 7.0 CDs will be shipping shortly, although I'm not sure about the Revit series situation.

Once you upgrade a file to 7.0 and work on it - theres no backward compatibility. That said, the latest build of 7.0 fixed problems people were experiencing with the first build, and I haven't heard of any other major problems with the last buid of 7.0.

You can do everything with the 60 day trial version - print ,save etc.

7.0 is a great release, packed full of goodies. That said, given that the CD release is imminent, you may be better too wait a week or so for it.

FK
2004-12-07, 04:37 PM
I suggest that you install 6.1 and 7.0 side-by-side (i.e., without uninstalling 6.1) and see for yourself. 7.0 can open 6.1 files but not vice versa, so you'll have to keep track of the files you upgrade. If several people work on a central file, everyone must upgrade at the same time.

And as usual, backup everything.