PDA

View Full Version : Performing sweep in a family - Am I missing something?

mthurnauer
2010-04-01, 08:46 PM
I was creating a new all-glass door family py starting with the OTB glass curtainwall door. I needed to create a new push/pull bar by creating some sweeps on some new reference planes I created. To my surprise, I could not find a way to select the reference plane before drawing my sweep path. I had to create the sweep and then pick the reference plane after the object was created. This seems very strange. Am I missing something?

cporter.207875
2010-04-01, 09:08 PM
I was creating a new all-glass door family py starting with the OTB glass curtainwall door. I needed to create a new push/pull bar by creating some sweeps on some new reference planes I created. To my surprise, I could not find a way to select the reference plane before drawing my sweep path. I had to create the sweep and then pick the reference plane after the object was created. This seems very strange. Am I missing something?

When you create a sweep, you have the option to select a path or to sketch a path. If you select a path, then the path will be at whatever workplane the original lines were drawn. If you are sketching a path, go to the Create tab and set your workplane prior to sketching. Reference Planes do not double as paths, by the way. However, Reference Lines are able to be used as paths, so you could draw ref lines instead of ref planes, then select those as your path.

mthurnauer
2010-04-02, 10:55 AM
I just must have missed it. I was looking all over to find where to set the work plane and I could not find it.