PDA

View Full Version : Enhancements in RSA 2011

length zero
2010-04-06, 09:45 PM
Does anybody have more detailed enhancement list( pdf or other ) for analysis capabylities and features of RSA 2011.
Best Regards

matti.pitkanen
2010-04-16, 02:25 PM
Hello
I installed it yesterday, and my first impressions were very positive.
Loading speed has got huge boost, it loads now small model instantly ( almost ).
I haven't had time to do any more thoroughfull studies, but direction seems to be OK.

BR Matti

Tomasz.Fudala
2010-04-18, 08:12 PM
Does anybody have more detailed enhancement list( pdf or other ) for analysis capabylities and features of RSA 2011.
Best Regards

Here you go some new analysis capabilities:

New footfall analysis
It is now possible to perform the footfall analysis based on Steel Design Guide Series 11, Floor Vibrations Due to Human Activity, AISC 2003, by selecting the AISC DG11 (2003) slabs option from the selection list.
In addition, the mass matrix type is now directly defined in a footfall analysis case.

Initial buckling deformation improvements
Initial buckling deformation may now be established for both simple load cases and combinations. In addition, when the option is activated, the first run of the analysis is performed only for selected “buckling” loads. All other load cases are calculated for initially deformed structures only, helping save calculation time.

Notional loads
This feature helps users to meet requirements imposed by several codes (mainly US (AISC 360-05); Canada; UK). All of them require Notional Loads respect.
Notional horizontal forces can arise due to practical imperfections, such as lack of verticality.
Notional horizontal loads may be defined as percentage of vertical loads labeled in other load cases. This way, P-delta effects may be checked by a different approach than the standard nonlinear analysis, which is an equivalent method stipulated in various codes.

... after installation of version 2011 there is available a pdf document
"c:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional 2011\Documents\FeatureSummary.pdf"
In this *.pdf file you can find a detailed list of features of version 2011.

pascal.bogdan
2010-04-19, 11:06 AM
Here you go some new analysis capabilities:

New footfall analysis
It is now possible to perform the footfall analysis based on Steel Design Guide Series 11, Floor Vibrations Due to Human Activity, AISC 2003, by selecting the AISC DG11 (2003) slabs option from the selection list.
In addition, the mass matrix type is now directly defined in a footfall analysis case.

Initial buckling deformation improvements
Initial buckling deformation may now be established for both simple load cases and combinations. In addition, when the option is activated, the first run of the analysis is performed only for selected “buckling” loads. All other load cases are calculated for initially deformed structures only, helping save calculation time.

Notional loads
This feature helps users to meet requirements imposed by several codes (mainly US (AISC 360-05); Canada; UK). All of them require Notional Loads respect.
Notional horizontal forces can arise due to practical imperfections, such as lack of verticality.
Notional horizontal loads may be defined as percentage of vertical loads labeled in other load cases. This way, P-delta effects may be checked by a different approach than the standard nonlinear analysis, which is an equivalent method stipulated in various codes.

... after installation of version 2011 there is available a pdf document
"c:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional 2011\Documents\FeatureSummary.pdf"
In this *.pdf file you can find a detailed list of features of version 2011.

What about the instability of the program...it crushed a lot of times when I tried to analyse models created with RSAPRO 2010. It has a lot of bugs and it really need a service pack asap.

matti.pitkanen
2010-04-19, 04:49 PM
Hello pascal, I assume, that you have loaded all SP's?

We had lessons for my staff (8 pers.), and we had downloaded Trials for all.
We came across the situation, where all 8 PC's crashed, it was due to
the first release of 2010, which were the only one available to be downloaded.
I remembered, that in my workstation I had SP4, went there and program
run smoothly the case.
The lesson to learn: Downloadable versions must be upgraded too, when
SP comes public.

BR Matti

pascal.bogdan
2010-04-19, 05:09 PM
Hello pascal, I assume, that you have loaded all SP's?

We had lessons for my staff (8 pers.), and we had downloaded Trials for all.
We came across the situation, where all 8 PC's crashed, it was due to
the first release of 2010, which were the only one available to be downloaded.
I remembered, that in my workstation I had SP4, went there and program
run smoothly the case.
The lesson to learn: Downloadable versions must be upgraded too, when
SP comes public.

BR Matti

Yes I know...I remember when 2010 version was released it crushed everytime I had opened the Steel Member Type dialog box. After Autodesk released the service pack (1 if I remember right), the problem got fixed.
My problem is that the new version have big problems at computation level. I had loaded models that worked in 2010 version, and when I tried to analyse with 2011 it gave errors like algorithm error, 5000 error etc, or unexpected crush. This version is the most unstable version from all new releases since 19th version.