PDA

View Full Version : Cant get rid of Import

mr6jam
2010-04-09, 04:06 PM
I had imported a AutoCAD file into Revit Architecture 2009, and after deleting the import, it is still showing up under "VG" under the imported category tab.

I looked in every view, did a select all and filter, to try and find the item, but nothing. Any ideas how to get it out of the Revit project?

Scott Womack
2010-04-09, 04:58 PM
If someone exploded it in another view, there is no way to get rid of it. Once exploded, there is not physical object to select to delete.

ron.sanpedro
2010-04-09, 05:37 PM
I had imported a AutoCAD file into Revit Architecture 2009, and after deleting the import, it is still showing up under "VG" under the imported category tab.

I looked in every view, did a select all and filter, to try and find the item, but nothing. Any ideas how to get it out of the Revit project?

As Scott says, once exploded you are hosed. You have to delete them all manually. This is one of the many reasons why I feel that Insert of a DWG into a project is wrong 99% of the time, and insert and explode is wrong 110% of the time. I tend to have the person who inserted and exploded anyway do the cleanup. ;)

Gordon

yanyan77
2010-07-08, 05:29 PM
the only way, that i find to get rid of these imported categories, is to copy the model or family to a new REVIT file.