PDA

View Full Version : my first project with Revit

funkman
2003-09-24, 07:01 AM
any and all comments accepted with grace and dignity

beegee
2003-09-24, 07:37 AM
Chez modern, tres dramatic Funkman.

Point Piper, Double Bay or Whale Beach ?

Seriously, nice work. Love the cantilever.

Is this the one you want the arrayed glass balustrade for ? ( Haven't forgotten. Just a bit busy )

Keep us posted as it develops.

funkman
2003-09-24, 08:10 AM
yep - and very close - Rose Bay overlooking the harbour - will be pretty snazzy if we get through Council

heres another

the balcony with the array - yes it is, and when you get a chance to help will be very appreciated. Not a rush, we have the first pre-da meting on Tuesday - plan to bring the laptop in to show Council. Showed a Councillor the other day at the office and she was suitably impressed with the program. She even said - we need this - can our staff use this program??? :lol:

beegee
2003-09-24, 08:20 AM
Autodesk will be speaking to Woollahra Council first thing in the morning :D

That view is even better !

Obviously you'll be tweaking transparency / reflections and maybe adding interior lights to further enhance.

A few RPC people, some shrubs/trees.... IOTW !!

funkman
2003-09-24, 08:28 AM
"IOTW" ??

will be adding those things during the next stage - dont want to spend too much time on things just yet - I need to get paid afterall

gregcashen
2003-09-24, 08:41 AM
"IOTW" = Image of the Week

Vincent Valentijn
2003-09-24, 09:27 AM
nice work mr. funkman 8) I really like the design. If it functions as well as it looks I guess I'll see you in the architectural magazines some time? [It would be striking to see the name -funkman- mentioned as designer at least! haha]

Steve_Stafford
2003-09-24, 11:06 AM
Very striking even with little material assignment so far...hopefully you'll get to dabble more on the tab and we'll see more?

I hope water/weather doesn't sneak inside through the valley of those high roofs or the clerestory on the right side of the second image :D :wink:

Martin P
2003-09-24, 01:01 PM
I hope water/weather doesn't sneak inside through the valley of those high roofs or the clerestory on the right side of the second image :D :wink:

Do you get water is sydney?? :lol:

BTW steve - the big valley gutter we had in the wavy walls project I posted some time ago - its gone, monopitch grass roof now :? :shock:

Very impressed for a first project in Revit... straight in with a simple project was it :wink: :lol: I think IOTW wont be too far away with that one....

funkman
2003-11-26, 10:17 AM
ok, after incorporating stormwater design, landscape architect, arborists reports, town planners comments, geotechnical investigations and the excrutiating painful Nathers certificates, this is what I have come up with...including the red posche :lol:

PeterJ
2003-11-26, 10:38 AM
The change in aspect makes it look like a completely different building. I take it the early renders were from down near the foot of the tree in the foreground of that titled Wrap Around

beegee
2003-11-26, 09:34 PM
Nice work Funkman, clean and Meierish. Brisbane Council would have you adding a pitched metal roof, lattice and weatherboards !

Very apocalyptic sky, or is it just the Syney pollution ?

funkman
2003-11-26, 11:00 PM
Peter, yes that was the front of the dwelling - from the street. The curved balcony has been straightened to be more sympathetic with the adjoining properties' balconies.

Beegee, here is another render with some puffy clouds for you :D

The pitched tiled roof is saved for Mosman, and the pollution today is minimal - I have a great view over the pacific as I type. 8)

beegee
2003-11-26, 11:13 PM
Yeah, the puffy clouds are a big improvement, now can you paint the building pink.