PDA

View Full Version : Door Insertion into "storefront" glazing system

Terry Richardson
2010-04-11, 01:28 PM
Good morning

I am new to using Revit and have a question regarding inserting doors into interior storefront systems. I know that you are supposed to insert "curtainwall" type doors to replace the panel systems in these units.. however, when selecting hte panel to replace, it is greyed out not allowing the swtich! Please help!!!!

Thank you

Dimitri Harvalias
2010-04-12, 03:33 AM
Terry,
welcome to the forums. I'm guessing that if you are using the 'storefront' curtain wall the panels are predefined in the type properties. If you select the curtain panel you want to change you will see a 'push pin'. If you click on the pin that should unpin it allowing you to change the panel type.

Terry Richardson
2010-04-12, 10:33 PM
Thank you very much Dimitri! That was exactly the problem I was having. Now that I have found a "storefront" expert. How do I deal with areas I have a multitude of storefront systems. Ie in a long corridor. I find it very difficult to manipulate the mullion locations while placed. In a perfect would I would like one vertical mullion at each office wall intersection as well as a 914mm door panel and a 150mm extension above ceiling level. After a lot of time I can get one area figured out.. but is there anyway I can copy all these properties to an ajacent system?

Thank you

Exar Kun
2010-04-13, 06:08 AM
If your mullions are going to be that irregularly placed, consider making a blank curtain wall and placing grids and mullions on them manually (the storefront system in the default template has the mullion and transom spacings set up already but if you select the plain curtain wall then you can define where they go by clicking to place). One you have placed grids you can constrain them to always sit at wall intersections and lock door widths too.

You can copy the whole system to another place and then redo your constraining.