PDA

View Full Version : Curved Car Park Ramp

STHRevit
2010-04-14, 12:59 AM
Hi all,
We are constructing a building in Revit from existing dwg files and the multi level car park has a circular/curved ramp. See images attached.

Question, how can this be done in Revit?
My issue is that nothing can be attached to ramps ie walls, kerbs.

Any Ideas or help would be great.

Cheers.

STHRevit
2010-04-14, 03:34 AM
Ok,
After some tinkering, and some advice from a colleague, it seems that this might not be as hard as I first thought.

What we ended up doing was create a slab on ground level in the shape of the curve. Then modified the sub element point to reflect the level it was to go up to and it works.

So, the walls? Well we actually made another floor, say 1000 thick (to act as a balustrade) and modelled the path on ground level. Adjusted the sub element points to match the floor levels and you now have an up-stand along the same curve as your ramp and the beauty of this is you can join them as they are the same category.

Not perfect but will do for now.
Cheers.

cliff collins
2010-04-14, 03:09 PM
You can also use a Railing, and make a custom profile for a rail, turn off all the other balusters, etc and this will create your "walls" which will attach to the ramp/floor.

cheers

PS--this is precisely how I did the waterpark slide in athe attached image.......

STHRevit
2010-04-15, 10:30 AM
Very Impressive Cliff.

Nice work

Andre Carvalho
2010-04-15, 12:31 PM
What we ended up doing was create a slab on ground level in the shape of the curve. Then modified the sub element point to reflect the level it was to go up to and it works.

I think that floors that had their sub elements edited to create a ramp, for instance, will be copy/monitored as flat when the structural engineer selects it. If this ramp is structural and you want to coordinate with structural engineer, you may see this issue.

Andre Carvalho

STHRevit
2010-04-23, 01:57 PM
good point Andre.
Luckily this is only to be used for time-lining. No consultant co ordination required, but I will have to remember this for next time.