PDA

View Full Version : Link Autocad survey to Revit

dzatto
2010-04-15, 03:50 PM
Tried a search, but found nothing. Im sure this is an easy fix, Please enlighten me if you can!

I'm in the middle of 2 residentail projects. I dove right into Revit 2010 about a month ago with no training. Sink or swim!!!

Anyway, I'm having a ton of issues to work around and figure out. Here's the latest>

Surveyor sends me the survey in Acad. I save it to my machine and decide I'll just link it to revit and create a site plan that way.

The problem is, the survey is in decimal units, and the Revit project is in architectural. When I link the file, its 12X too small. In acad, I can scale up the drawing by 12, (or by .0833333 if it's the other way around). How do I do that in revit??

I guess I could save a copy of the survey and scale it in ACAD. Or maybe I'm thinking about this the wrong way. How should it be done?

eric.piotrowicz
2010-04-15, 03:57 PM
When you are linking or importing there is an option near the bottom middle of the dialog box for "Import Units" The default is Auto-Detect but can be swithched to several different options including Custom which then lets you key in 12 or .083333 or any other factor you might need.

dzatto
2010-04-15, 04:12 PM
When you are linking or importing there is an option near the bottom middle of the dialog box for "Import Units" The default is Auto-Detect but can be swithched to several different options including Custom which then lets you key in 12 or .083333 or any other factor you might need.
Ahhh, thanks Eric. I missed that.

So is this the correct way to create a site plan in Revit?? It seems like it would work great.

patricks
2010-04-15, 04:24 PM
Almost invariably, I have to specify Feet for the import units when linking in survey drawings. Doing so brings in the CAD file at the correct scale in Revit.

cliff collins
2010-04-15, 08:23 PM
You should also do a search here on Shared Coordinates, Project Location,
Project Base Point, Survey Point, etc. to get your cad and revit in synch and properly positioned and sharing coordinates, etc.

cheers

dzatto
2010-04-15, 08:29 PM
You should also do a search here on Shared Coordinates, Project Location,
Project Base Point, Survey Point, etc. to get your cad and revit in synch and properly positioned and sharing coordinates, etc.

cheers
You mean I can't just eye ball it??? :mrgreen:

I'll check out the links. Thanks for the info.